One by one, my colleagues are leaving for greener pastures. It's no longer a place of joy and fun, but that of frustration and despair. Leaders make hell of a difference. The current leaders are just making hell.
Judging by a lot of incidents in the past 2 days, my time will come though how soon I cannot tell. And as I was doing my work, msning with Daphne, listening to music and munching on my chips (I am such a multi-tasker), I came across a song from the now defunct group - S Club 7. And it just hit me how apt it was... though I needed to change the lyrics a wee bit.
It will be sad to leave a teeny weeny handful of colleagues whom I am close to. To the rest whom I cannot even be bothered to say hi-bye to, it will be great never to see them again.
The edited version is dedicated to the one I am closest to in the office. The one who has to put up with my farts and burps. The one who goes crazy with me during kiap kiap sessions. The one who was the very first person I spoke to when I first came, and could well be the first person I will hug should the time really come.
Say Goodbye (S Club 7)
Wilfully edited by Mel in pink.
In the years to come
Will you think about the shk moments that we shared
In the years to come
Are you gonna think it over
And how we worked each day with no regrets.
Nothing lasts forever though we want it to
The road ahead holds different dreams for me and you
Sometimes goodbye, though it hurts in your heart,
is the only way for sanity
Sometimes goodbye, though it hurts,
is the only way now for me to breathe
Though it's the hardest thing to say
I'll miss your love in every way
So say goodbye
But don't you cry
'Cause true friendship never dies
In a year from now
Maybe there'll be things
we'll wish we'd never done (like spending our salary on kiap kiap)
In a year from now
Maybe we'll see each other
Standing on the same street corner, in punk and loli
Each and every end is always written in the stars
If only I could stop the world
I'd make this last
Sometimes goodbye, so it hurts in your heart,
is the only way for sanity
Sometimes goodbye, so it hurts,
is the only way now for me to breathe
Though it's the hardest thing to say
I'll miss your love in every way
So say goodbye (so say goodbye)
But don't you cry
'Cause true friendship never dies
And when you need my arms to run into
I'll comfort you
Nothing will ever change the way I feel (I assure you I'm not les though)
Sometimes goodbye, though it hurts in your heart,
is the only way for sanity
Sometimes goodbye, though it hurts,
is the only way now for me to breathe
Though it's the hardest thing to say
I'll miss your love in every day
So say goodbye
But don't you cry
`Cause a true friendship never dies



0 spanks on my perky butt.:
Post a Comment