I love PLUSHIES!

Really really!

Sometimes, I wonder if its some childhood deprivation. You see, my thrifty mummy never bought me much plushies when I was young. You see young toddlers swinging their dirty plush toys around? That wasn't me.

In fact, I only had my first plushie when I was in Kindergarten or early Primary school. Can't remember which, but you get the sad picture.

SO PATHETIC LOR.

I still remember it - it's a pink elephant with a texture like KFC crispy chicken. I love it to bits and I even found clothes for it to wear. Mom soon started to buy a little bit more soft toys, but the plushie-less scar, once there, never really went away.

And this scar carried on to my adulthood where now, I swagger into departmental stores just to BUY plushies. Why? Because I no longer have to depend on my mum to add a plushie to my collection. It's the result of an avalanche of pent up desires through the years - gone are the poor childhood longings and mummy-pleases. I am an independent woman with her own mind... and a crazy desire to buy soft toys.

Ya, I know its a waste of space and money. But hey, so are 100 pairs of shoes that girls like to indulge themselves in. You only have a pair of legs, the hell you need so many shoes for? What are you? A centipede?

And if the rationale is that shoes make you happy, then the same applies to me so shove this up your hairy asshole and shut the fuck up.

Now that I'm slightly older and have amassed quite a collection, some of which have been dumped to god-knows-where and taken by god-knows-who, I am rather selective in my plushie purchases.

But there's just some that I cannot resist:-

Photobucket
Like Pooh bear. Iris gave this to me on my birthday.

And Pooh's not even my fave character. But I don't mind the plushie. i don't mind any disney plushie in fact. Its like you not liking a 7 inch heel but buying it anyway for some obscure reason.
Geddit, geddit?!

Anyway, that Pooh bear would be the turning point of my life (for now.) Because its not just ANY Pooh bear. It's a prize by that claw plushie machine thats out to eat everyone's money.

"You mean you can actually win something from that thing?" I was bewildered.

Seriously I played it once or twice before and I tell you, those machines are pure evil. They dangle a bountiful of cool goodies and make it seem so fucking easy and when you put in your hard earned money, you realise what a complete scam it is. The dumbass claw is weaker than my grandma's fingers can!

But I had proof right in front of my eyes. And i was tempted. The dark side beckons.

And I decided to take the plunge with Iris. She became my Shifu, my taichou and she taught me everything she knew about the machines and the neat tricks and tips.

And I witnessed it again.

Photobucket
She won yet another Pooh bear for me.

That was it. I am hooked (pun intended).

Photobucket
My Pooh bears say they want company.

And not just any company mind you. The same limited edition atas company. The same gang hailing from Sega Fun Fan Amuse.

So today, after a whole fucking week of frustration @ work, misunderstanding, miscommunication and a whole new idiot to work under, I decided that enough was enough. I needed an outlet to release or my brain cells would start eating each other in rage.

Solution? Off to the arcade we go!

This time, I will have to catch my own plushie. I had the honour of learning from the best and it was about time to apply my skills and knowledge. And luck of course. Hell, lots of luck!

And because I love you guys so, I'll share with you a tip for those who are swinging towards the dark side like me:-

LIMIT YOUR SPENDING!

Of course, unless you're such a pro hooker (pun intended again of course) that you can get a prize every $1 - $2 spent then by all means, play until the court declares you bankrupt.

But if you are every bit of a n00b like moi, then really, CONTROL!

My shifu told me the exact same words which I snubbed initially.

"Aiyah Iris, don't worry lah. I don't have so much to spend anyway!"

Piang, the minute I stepped in, I finally understood why her first advice was such.

I don't know what will drain your pocket first - the desire or the determination. Because I blew my capital without catching a single prize.

Don't gasp lah. My initial capital can be counted with one hand. But still......

I hate it when people make it look so easy!

And I sibey buey gam wan can! So I.......

pumped in more capital. Which is a dollar more.

The total of which can buy me a McDonald's meal. (Which will in turn make me fat and gross looking so its a good thing I went to play this instead right?! -ahem-)

BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT...

I got it! Finally!

Photobucket
The sweet face of success.

EVERYBODY CHEER WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Photobucket
See! Only the pink one left to make it a complete set!

And I am now, an official staunch convert. My new religion shall be Clawism where people worship the UFO machine and its delightful goodies and where the Wise Men do not preach something so holy its almost un-doable. The Wise Men of Clawism teach about perseverance, of basic physics and gravity, of form and design, of basic logic and mechanism. Oh hey, these are actually the kinds of things I can apply in real life for once.

Best of all, we have something different to look forward to every month! Check out the current/upcoming sermons designs!

Photobucket
I MUST FIND THIS! Have you seen a cuter Scrumps, huh huh huh?!!!!!!

Photobucket
I'm aiming for this next!

Photobucket
My fave combi: leopard prints + disney = ecstatic Mel.

Photobucket
If I can ever catch this with my n00bz sk1llz, I'm so gonna dangle it in front of Karin just for fun. She loves Stitch to bits!

Photobucket
-Squeals like a guinea pig-

Photobucket
BAMBI! I WANNA TRY THIS TOO!

Photobucket
Scrumps! There's something adorable about ugliness somehow!

Photobucket
I saw this at the arcade too! Wish me all the best while I try my luck with this!

Photobucket
I'm looking for this! Have you seen them anywhere?

Photobucket
Photobucket
Pooh and friends are officially known as the Retardedly Cute Trio. And yes, I am so lemming for 'em!

I need something to fund my insane new hobby. Guess whose CDs are gonna be on Ebay soon? -evil chuckles-

0 spanks on my perky butt.: