I made the biggest mistake of my life on this day, 25 years ago.
I crept out of my mother's womb. Rather, she pushed me out.
And I had to live in this horrible, depressing shit place ever since where people celebrate this mistake of yours every year, to remind yourself what a stupid decision you had made.
Its funny. When I was younger, I loved birthdays. I get presents and I get cakes and people who have never sung a tune in their entire lives would be forced to sing me a song. Thank god its only an annual affair. Some people cannot hold a tune to save their lives.
As i get older, when I started to hit 20s in fact, i hate birthdays. The only thing about birthdays that i still love is, no surprise, the presents you receive. And the fact that you will be in the company of people you like.
But its a double edged sword. Because birthdays also mean mixing around with people you DON'T like and DON'T give a shit about.
Example: On any ordinary day, you get to decide if you wanna attend a blardy party. You go through the list of attendees and ta da you see the name of someone you can't stand. So you decide you won't wanna go. There are better places to go and better things to do than to waste time at a party laden with people you don't give two shit about. And worse of all, you have to act all chummy and god bless, make small talk.
But if its your blardy birthday, you don't even fucking get to choose. You HAVE to go.
And they call it your special day. I call it the especially sad day.
When all you want is just to pass this day like any ordinary day but all people want to do is to make it so fucking special.
And then they'll ask, "What do you want to do on your birthday?"
And your reply is, "Nothing. Just leave me alone. I want to laze around and day dream." That sounds like heaven to me!
But NOOO. Those people will go like, "I know! Lets celebrate in the evening! i will buy you a cake!"
I DON'T WANT A GODDAMN CAKE.
I DON'T WANT TO CELEBRATE.
I DON'T WANT TO SMILE IN FRONT OF THE FUCKING CAMERA AND ACT LIKE I AM SO HAPPY WHEN YOU JUST RUINED MY PLANS OF A PROPER REST.
So quit those fluffy nonsense of cakes, parties and ugly cone hats. I appreciate your thoughts but I don't appreciate you or anyone else disrupting my peace and quiet for the day.
If you really HAVE to make it oh-so-special for me, just pass the present to me and let me do what I want to do for the day, instead of planning what you think I will want.
Because as you have said, its MY birthday isn't it?



0 spanks on my perky butt.:
Post a Comment