A lot of things had happened ever since I came back from Koh Samui.
First, I found out about the heart shattering story of Daphne.
Then Yu told me about her decision to leave.
The rest were filling me in about the future so-rigid-it’s-military plans of HR.
Alex is more sticky than ever! (and vice versa ^^)
My sis bought a MAC! (I hate her)
I met up with my uni mates Gen, Jillian and Joe on Monday after my trip, before mummy Jillian gives birth next month. She has gotta be the coolest mummy I’ve come across. I mean, how many mums-to-be will still zoom around on their bikes in their final semester? Plus, she’s way calm and relaxed about labour pains and such. (-thinks of the pain and shudders-)
“Oh my husband’s not coming in to cut the baby’s umbilical cord,” she announced casually over dinner. “Says it will remind him of pigs’ intestines!”
“And you are ok with it?” I enquired. It would be nice to have someone you love, someone who brought you to this state in the first place, to be there!
“Nah, I’m fine.” Jill says with a smile. And I know she means it. Because Jill is not only the coolest mummy on Earth, she is one tough chick, unlike many wussy girls I know.
“I don’t think I wanna go in too,” decided Joe. “I’ll probably be in the lounge flipping through magazines til its all over.”
Men. Are. Weaklings.
And somehow in the midst of dinner, we were talking about our friendship.
“Oh my God, I can’t believe I know this woman for 7 freaking years!” exclaimed Gen as she oogled at me.
Gen, you see, is my poly mate. She’s a dragon boat fanatic and I still remember how she and Sheena tried to recruit me into their DB team and the long hours we spent as we slogged through projects after projects. In uni, we were yet again project mates, but hey, I ain’t complaining. She’s a fantastic worker and a good friend indeed.
But I never expected that our friendship actually dates back 7 years ago.
Come to think of it, that makes my friendship with my Ying and Yu 11 years old! Blimey!
I AM GETTING OLD! –wails-
But perhaps, time is all but significant.
After all, the time you spend knowing the person may not be the person you know.
Daph can bear witness to that.



0 spanks on my perky butt.:
Post a Comment