Taken from Stomp:
Are pet owners arrogant?

Are pet owners openly and blatantly challenging the laws because they are arrogant and unworried about being caught?
Earlier, Manager Yat Wai, 30, was having his lunch at Ang Mo Kio Interchange Hawker Centre on Saturday (18 Nov) at around 1pm when he was irked by the sight of this lady and her dog (left).
The lady brought her dog to the hawker centre even though there was a sign which clearly stated that no pets were allowed.
According to Yat Wai, “The lady had her lunch there while her dog was trying to run about all the time even though it was on a leash. The sad thing is no one even bothered to tell her to leave.”
He added, “Perhaps Singaporeans are used to seeing pets in hawker centres that they’ve become immune. I don’t think enforcing stricter laws will help such matters. There’s a problem with the etiquette of Singaporeans.”
And on 29 November, STOMP contributor Zach sent us this picture of a pet owner happily eating his meal in Changi Village Food centre, blatantly ignoring the one of many signs found there.
Zach told STOMP in his email:
"I have nothing against pets; just the ignorance of certain pet owners who seem to be oblivious to the sensitivities of others who may not be comfortable having their meals with their pets eyeing their food."
If you non-dog rabid people are done with your mad barks, I would like to purr my opinions now.
First and foremost, the heading of this is totally off track. I don't speak for all of course, but I do not see why arrogance is coming into play here. Fuck, if this is the case, then we are pretty busy being arrogant everyday by jaywalking despite the slightly more inconvenient "legal means", flicking our cigarette butts into the bushes completely disregarding the ugly bins and the uglier signs, crusing down the highway at 100km/hr conviniently turning a blind eye to the pitiful 90km/hr plea.
Excuse me, but please tell me where does the element of arrogance come in just because I bring my dog into a hawker centre?
Breaking the law? Yup, no doubt.
But arrogance? You are the one being arrogant here, you mouldy ass prick.
As a dog owner, here's my stand:-
I am no model citizen. My dog has been to a couple of hawker centres when he's out with me. So come, spank my pretty ass.
But arrogant? I think not. I do not stut on dainty feet parading around the hawker centres with my designer dog in tow, with my head proud that I am going against the fucking signs. I am fully aware yes. But I also try to be considerate by choosing the outer most seats, away from everyone else, with my dog as near the perimeter of the hawker centre as possible. Something like the picture on the left if you may, but my dog would probably be somewhere near the firehose where its almost out of the hawker centre's arena.
Have I ever been chased out? Yes. It was a Malay foodcourt and the manager was really apologetic about it. How sweet of him.
"Sorry miss, but I'm afraid you can't bring your dog here. Would you mind leashing him over to that tree there?" -points to tree across the road-
No worries dude. Me comprehendo.
But I can't tie my dog across the road ya? So I left to the next door Chinese foodcourt at the end table away from the main crowd and nobody even gave us two blinks.
And everyone's happy (at least, I don't see some mouldy ass prick posting my picture in Stomp).
Before you throw your holier-than-thou asscrack shit on me, think. And tell me which part of my action constitutes as arrogance. I brought my fat hippo into a food area, yes me bad. But did I not also take into account that people would not like dogs around and thus i choose outer most seats away, as far away as possible?
My dog is a living thing. Just as you would not be pleased if I shut you in a cage 24/7 (however tempting it might be), neither would he like to be enclosed in a home every ticking second. Its easy to say "tie the damn dog to a tree" but not everywhere has such fanciful greenery around. There are circumstances that he just has to come along with me, much as I try to minimise it.
So what is my point?
Graciousness. That's what I am trying to drive at.
The lady in the picture has been gracious enough to choose an outer most seat. Perhaps, it would be nice if other people (in particular the mouldy ass whiney prick) could be gracious enough to allow her some peace and quiet to finish whatever business she has in the hawker centre with her Poochie.
Graciousness has nothing to do with law, rules and whatever fucked up regulations the State imposes. You can shove a thousand rules down the throats of your citizens and you'll still never be a gracious society. Why? Because your people are not a gracious lot to begin with. Just drive on the roads and you'll see what I mean.
Rules and regulations imposed are trying to paint a pretty picture depicting La La land where people are beautiful skinny beings who do not smoke and never spit. In truth, if you really want such a fucking La La land to exist, then hell, provide an area whereby pet owners can deposit their pets safely away from the hawker centres and away from law fearing, health conscious, animal hating pricks. Oh, and in that case, please provide an area for noisy kids as well because they fucking get on my nerves and their spitting saliva from their blabberings contaminate my food.
-reminds self of graciousness and to refrain from tripping the next zooming asshole of a kiddo-
Its really like the idea of pasting up no-littering signs and providing bins for them isn't it?
Otherwise, its really about give and take. You hate something, sure but if it's out of your way, then live and let live.
For fucking Christ's sakes, you people should be more worried about rats and cockroaches dancing free in your eateries than a leashed pet whom you feel is a freaking health hazard. How dumb can you get if I have to point this out to you?
That said, reading through the commentary of Stomp really proven my earlier deduction that Singaporeans are not only a bunch of ungracious roaches, they are also extremely uninformed in animal matters.
Not surprising of course, considering even the Government is equally clueless in this area. AVA and HDB are two bright shining examples of this in their animal-related agendas. And our CIVIL SERVANTS my friends, are the cream of the crop (supposedly, though their actions and regulations sometimes make them look like they have farts for brains).
With such a laughable animal knowledge standards from the elites, what do you dare expect from the common Ah Kows and Ah Sengs?
Absolutely nothing.



0 spanks on my perky butt.:
Post a Comment