I've got to rant. I've got a feeling this will be a long blog so prepare yourself for it. :P

You'd think that after 4 hours of KTV, one would emerge a happier person after venting their day's frustrations on their shalalas.

But no. It gave me lots of things to think about. At least for this particular session.

And yes, something DID happen at the KTV. Nothing particular major but one enough to invoke some thoughts (and dare I say, anger) from within.

You see, we were at Partyworld @ Woodlands to destress after a fucking day's work. It was a bad day for Anna so both of us went to shalala our stress away. It was definately not her day considering she had a couple of irritants customers who gave her a fucking hard time.

Not something new to all of us. But try dealing with them one after another and you're sure to reach breaking point soon somehow.

Now I shall give you a life lesson to enrich your miserable brain cells.

And of course, this being MY blog, the views I hold are mine and mine alone. Whether or not the other beings hold true to these is none of my fucking business.

Life Lesson For Today: I really don't fucking care if you're some who-who in where-where.

Really. Who you are and where you are from doesn't fucking change my life one bit. You can be the President, the cleaning auntie or just a scrawny nose picking kid, the service you get is all the same. What really makes the difference is YOUR attitude towards me. I don't buy the shit of 'customer is always right', and I won't go all way out to please you because I find your attitude is fucked up. I believe in mutual respect. You respect me as a human being, I give you the same treatment. A pity, Singaporeans don't seem to know simple respect. Such a shame.

Oh, and what's the deal about grassroots leaders may I know? It's not the first time I have encountered missus of grassroot leaders proudly telling me, "but my husband is a grassroot leader you know?". All these done in hoping they could get whatever they are asking/demanding/pressing for.

Sorry Ma'am. I really don't give two farts. Your husband can be the great Brad Pitt and my answer is still a simple no.

I really don't know what these people are trying to prove. Am I supposed to pee in my pants at the words "grassroot leader?"

And today, a certain grassroot leader (-pees in pants-) certainly did make me raise an eyebrow. I don't know why he had to keep emphasizing the word GRASSROOT LEADER so many times. Really SIR (is this polite enough or would Your Highness be more suitable?), I heard you the first time. And the second. And the third. And you can repeat that til the cows come home and moo-moo their way to their graves and I'd really still won't give a damn.

And of course, there are plentiful from the ministries who expect you to kow-tow to them and give in to their every whim and whine lest they'll cry out smugly that they are from some Ministry of Buey Kans and have you beheaded on the spot after you've kissed their stinking feet.

But you'd really have to hand it to the creeps we face daily without fail. They'll barge their way through every rules and regulations that you have (an irony really, especially those from the ministries). They'll argue their way through every fucking thing as long as it makes them seem right. They're grab every floating electron to their advantage and cry foul at every single opportunity just to intimidate you into giving in to their request(s). Which, of course, will never be enough, because once you give in to one, be prepared to give in to the second and third and counting. They are, as Darren Hayes would describe "insatiable" and as Mel would describe, "just a fucking pain in the cheebye."

In all my years in sales, the ones I'm dealing with now are currently sitting on the throne of "I am the Knnest of them all."

So you see, having face these kinda peeps everyday makes me empathise with everyone else in the service line. And as far as I can help it, I'll try to minimise the shit you are recieving by not giving you (much) shit.

And thats how we were when Anna and a waitress (is that what they are called?) collided in the KTV, which caused freaking hot milo to be spilled on both their arms.

Anna seemed fine after a wash-up, and she didn't make much fuss about it (unlike the people we're dealing with everyday) though her arm was a tender pinkish. In fact, she was wondering if the lady she knocked into was badly hurt. The manager came into our room to apologise and gave me some cream to apply for Anna (after I'd asked for it). Not exactly a person with the highest EQ or PR I guess. *tsk tsk*

After Mr Manager has left the room, we thought over the situation.

"Maybe they'll let us sing for another hour," Anna said thoughtfully, glancing at her reddened arm.

"WAH, so nice one ar?" I asked. I'm, obviously, not an ardent supporter of KTVs.

Well apparently, Anna thought too highly of their PR skills because sadly, they have almost none and the screen was impatiently chasing us out of the room with the '10 minutes to choose song' message.

I consulted Anna if she really wanted an extension considering we had work tmr and the answer was a resounding yes.

So we buzzed for Mr Manager again.

"Do you think we could extend for an hour?" Anna asked nicely.

I have to applaude the Manager. He is really fantastic at acting dumb. Either that or he is, because he was informing us that an extension of hour would cost $16.

I told him I wanted that extension as a compensation for Anna's injury (I learnt some lessons from my sickening customers after all) and Mr Manager began to bargain, making me wonder if I was in Chatuchak's KTV instead.

"I can only give you half an hour" was his reply.

I nearly wanted to laugh out loud.

I really think the way he'd handled the situation was a joke. And a poor one at that. I am so losing faith in managers, looking at this one and the one that I have. At least MY manager has slightly better PR skills.

And we, being such nice people, really didn't give him much shit to deal with.

Which is really annoying. I tell you, its been bugging me since I left.

Because if this situation has been reversed, and we were the ones who had spilled HOT milo on our irritating customers, do you for a moment think they will still smile at you and say 'its ok' ala Anna's style?

Fucking so nice to them so they press for advantage issit? Because we were nice to them in the beginning so they knew we won't kick up a fuss?

Ahhhhhhh.

Life Lesson Number Two: you can't be fucking nice to anyone as well, because they will use that to their advantage.

Looking back at the whole situation, I think I really should pick up a skill or two from my customers. Their bossiness, their overbearing allure, their endless and senseless demands, and their pitiful whines of unjustice. It seems my skills (or lack thereof) in this arena is too soft and unhoned for my own good. Sigh, but I'm really really not an aggressive person. I'm all for World Peace really.

Or maybe I should try persuading my dad to join the grassroot thingy too, so I can smugly declare that I am a grassroot leader's eldest daughter and that I am to have it the way I want, whenever I want, and how many hours I want in that fucking KTV room.










0 spanks on my perky butt.: