Picture this:

A huge land filled with lush greenery and grazing moo-moos. The air is filled with the playful banter of dogs at play and the occassional cockadoodledoo. Note: Its not some big ass farm land as your pathetic mind might conjure. Just imagine it to be a Singapore farm, which by our island standards, more small scale. Think Yio Chu Kang lands.

In that piece of beautiful land, there will be a couple of (arab!) horses prancing behind pristine white fences, their silky tails swishing with the gentle breeze, as they throw their proud manes around, as if they have just used the latest silky shampoo.

I would love to throw a couple of oink-oinks and their lovable piglets in too, but i guess that's a bit stretching the image too far, so lets restrict this to:-

- a couple of (arab!) horses (one male in handsome solid black and another greyish female)
- four cows, one bull (can't choose colours here, can't I?)
- three goats (not particular about colours)
- bunnies (not particular about colours or breeds either)
- a rooster and a hen (fucking lagi not particular about colours)
- 2 cats (local cats are beautiful enough for me)
- 6 dogs ( 5 mongrels and a Sheltie)

Imagine all these creatures in the farm.

And this farm will be the place which I will work in.

This is, if you have not yet realised, is my dream job.

In this imaginary Yio Chu Kang non existent dream world of mine, I would be the executive in charge of the office scope of work.

My dream job does not include picking up the manure you see. No, thats for the kindly middle aged uncle who loves the animals and understands them like the back of his thumbnail.

My job, would more be garnered towards the admin, accounts, PR, advertising whatever you have. All in one? Ya lah, just like in real life what!

And no, I won't even dream of becoming the boss. The beauty of this dream is to make it as real a fantasy as possible (freaking irony but you get the point).

And so I am the Executive Do-It-ALL. Or maybe some fanciful title like Communications Executive. I shall be put in charge of maintaining and designing the web portal, doing up neccessary advertisements and propaganda regarding this beautiful place, preparing PR materials, organising school excursion trips, maintaining the company's accounts and whatever administrative work they have.

Of course, this being my dream job, its a no-brainer that the above are the areas I am more proficient in. It would be interesting to note that dealing with customers are not in the list.

Despite the work scope, the pace is leisurely. And of course, since its a dream job, it won't make sense to have a mountain load of work ya? So every morning as I report to work with my Alex, I have the time to bring the horses out of the stables and into their fenced up field for a run/ride. Alex and some of the mongrels will be allowed into the field too, and horses, human and dogs will have a whale of a time, racing the wind. The kindly manure-picking uncle will sometimes be there to ride alongside me, enriching me with new animal knowledge and I will grow to respect him day by day.

After the horses have been given their morning workout, I'll head back to the air-conditioned tiny office area, bringing along a couple of lucky dogs to enjoy the welcoming chill. The rest of the pack will be out in the open playing with one another or chasing the irritated cats.

There would be a sales person too, who would be in charge of selling cows' milk and goats' milk to the market. We would probably chat for a while in the office before he/she heads off to do her sales talk leaving me in the office alone (hooray!) with the dogs.

And so the work day begins, with me clearing whatever shit there is for the day. In this beautiful scenerio, there won't be much paper to file (something i detest doing) because my dream boss understands that technology is here to help reduce paper, something which many bosses out there don't quite grasp.

Come lunch time, I will drive the company car out to eat/buy lunch together with Alex and sometimes Uncle Manure and the Milking Person (someone who overseas the milk sales in the farm itself as well as milking the cows and goats).

In the afternoons, the schedule is almost the same except that my work is probably cleared. Should there be school excursions in the farm itself, I would enclose the dogs in a mini field so they won't scare the stupid kids and try to act all cheery and sweet while trying not to verbally abuse those irritating kiddos when they try to pull the cows' tits.

If there are no such excursions and I have dutifully finished my work, it would be a tour round the farm with the dogs, grooming the horses, feeding the chickens and stopping the rabbits from their incessant sexual activities.

All these at a leisurely pace til the sun goes down, signally the time for Alex and me call it an end for the day as the two of us make our way home, both shagged and delighted.

And the next day, this beautiful chapter unfolds again.

Such is my dream work.

A fucking far cry from the shit I will be dealing with seven hours from now.

Oh, the woes of reality.

0 spanks on my perky butt.: