Why do I seem to cross paths with weirdos all the time?

Today, I brought Alex to a dog run in the East, beside an animal shelter which I volunteer weekly. Knowing what a snob my boy can be at times, I did not venture into the shelter premises (at first), instead choosing to linger outside the fence, stroking my other boy Titan, who was inside the shelter.

And before I knew it, a man charged up to me, looking all flustered, hot and bothered.

"Is that your dog too?" he demanded, pointing at Titan.

I was quite taken aback. Did Titan get into some sort of trouble again? Geez, this man sure looks pissed somewhat.

I replied yes, and in typical Mel fashion raised one sexy eyebrow, the universal questioning look.

"Then why are you putting your dog here in a shelter?" he flared. He glared at Alex, (all furry and cute) then to Titan (all unfurry and not exactly cute) before trying to stare me down.

Oh. Now I can guess what the fuss is about.

Mister Holier Than Thou probably thinks that I am dumping Titan at a shelter because he is nowhere as handsome and cute as Alex.

I was torn between laughing straight in his face and slapping him for poking his nosy nose into my business.

But of course, being the demure lady that I am, I did neither (regretfully).

"Titan is my rescued dog," I explained calmly. "He's temporarily placed here for rehoming."

Get it you stupid freak? If you wanna preach and act all holy and angelic, do that to someone else.

His whole expression changed when he heard that. I had to supress the urge to laugh when his eyes had the cheek to look abit paiseh.

"Oh, so everyone here seems to have a rescued dog," he said cheerfully, changing the tune 360 degrees. So now I am no longer Little Miss Evil who dumbs the ugly dog in favour of the cuter one. I am, instead Little Miss Nice Rescuer who has sacrificed so much for canines.

"Oh look, he's so sweet to you!" he commented again, when I went into the shelter finally (with an extremely unwilling and sulking Alex in tow) and Titan jumped up onto me with lots of hugs and kisses.

And since I was such a nice girl to him before that, I decided that it was well justified to plainly ignore Mr Holy henceforth.

Geez, the next time you charge at someone, demand something and look all accusing, for your own dignity's sake, please get your facts right first.

0 spanks on my perky butt.: