And no, its not dengue fever!!!!! *frantically finds wood to touch*
I brought Titan for a long walk today and our little furry friend apparently forgotten all commands in his excitement. He seemed determined to pull my hand out of its socket, and its no joke playing tug of war with a 16kg mongrel with immense strength.
I don't know whether to say it was lucky on his part or unlucky on mine that i left the prong collar in Andrew's car. Else, it would be the perfect chance to make him recall his leash training.
And for the last time, the prong is NOT cruel.

Probably the most misunderstood training tool in the entire dogosphere.
It's an irony because those who keep ranting about the cruelty of the prongs are not users themselves. Sure it looks cruel, this I agree. But to say that people who train dogs on prongs are cruel, this I will not let it pass so easily.
If you have never used the prong and/or have no friggin idea how the collar works, please shut your trap and do a proper research before opening your big smelly mouth.
ALL TRAINING TOOLS, no matter the choke chain, the gentle leader, the prong or even your normal collar, possess the capability to injure your dog when used the wrong way. So at the end of the day, it really boils down to the owners and how much they really know their shit.
But I digress... as usual.
The walking troupe today consisted of -
Andrew and the great big Dinner

Dinner the dog, thus called cos he was nearly someone else's dinner when he was a pup!
Joan with the lovable Money

Money was conveniently abandoned at the shelter when he was a pup.
Daphne with Old Man Sheperd

Sheperd, one of the dogs whose temperament has changed a lot ever since his stay at the shelter.
And me, with my darling, Trouble-Maker Titan

How can a dog be so smart and stupid at the same time?
Like many dogs at the shelter, Titan has a story of his rescue as well. I'll tell you guys more of it some other time. Muscles aching. ALL THAT TITAN'S FAULT! -argh-
Ok, I know essentially its never the dog's fault but the owner's but let's not be so anal and politically correct this time. So we shall all agree that it's all Titan's fault for completely forgetting his leash etiquette in his excitement. *gives peace sign*
Gotta retrain that idiotic bugger tmr. -whips out evil looking prong collar with sinister laugh-



0 spanks on my perky butt.:
Post a Comment