So I chanced upon my ex-colleague's blog who happened to be a designer in our ex-company.
And lo and behold, he posted various published editorial works, layout by him and some of the editorial write ups by me.
Looking back at those works bring back memories - of the month to month struggle to meet the deadlines, the deep satisfaction gained when the designers create aesthetic magic to our words, the endless writer's blocks and most of all, the pride when words flow, one by one, to create a story - OUR story.
There are times I used to ask myself, why the hell did I choose the writing field - the hours are long, the pay is crap, and the corporate ladder is short. Almost out of poly for 10 years, and I'm still heading nowhere, while most of my peers and friends are already part of the whos-who gang in the industry, underachiever me is still... well, a peanut flake who still needs to scrimp and save for her USD450 doll.
But sometimes, when I open my eyes, and see beyond the blinding smoke, I realise that:-
- I may not be a director of so and so agency
- I may not earn a 5 figure salary a month
- I may not have underlings beneath me
- I may still need to report to bosses above me
- I may never be able to travel for work because of my puny position
But I will still be a writer if I had to choose my path all over again.
Because nothing, absolutely nothing, can replace the pride and glow when you see someone on the train engrossed in YOUR published work.
I really miss doing editorial. =(



0 spanks on my perky butt.:
Post a Comment