90s

I suddenly have pangs of nostalgia for the past... specifically my 90s era school days.

Don't ask me why. Must have gotten it when I'm listening to Mandy Moore's croonings.
(Remember 'Candy' and 'I wanna be with you?')

I miss:-

- Pressing the cheapest fare when I board the bus.

- The long lone walk home after school.

- The catchy pop songs by BackStreet Boys, Britney Spears, Westlife, Mandy Moore and god knows who else.

- Gossiping with Xinyu and Qinying at the usual tables whenever I manage to arrive early to school. Which is seldom.

- Hanging out with Qinying at our 'lao di fang' in Tampines Mall. It's no longer around I think.

- The times spent with Fiona at Mac while we giggle over our crushes. LOL.

- The Chinese spelling tests which I will just scribble hanyu pinyin because I never bothered to study... which I will then receive boring detention classes. =.=

- Listening to Glenn Ong on late night radio and how I fell in love with his radio persona and wishing my future boyfriend would be as smart and funny as him, minus that macho-egoistic air.

- Ah lians and ah bengs with their LOUD colour dressings which we will now refer to as 'boomz'.

- The yellow raincoat which was so in trend with the Ah Lians. I wanted to buy one, but didn't wanna end up looking like one of them. Will always remember the ah lian who wore the raincoat, and just that alone, paired it with a belt and turned it into a dress. Love her daring fashion sense.

- The pointy combs that were a must-have accessory for everyone who is cool. Neccesary for parting hair and for poking people you do not like in the eye. I never had that. I carried around a penknife instead.

- Cutting out brand ads from magazines and pasting them over textbooks to make them look nicer. Guess ads were hot faves.

- Socks that were sooo long.

- Skirts that were sooo short.

- Humming the national anthem mindlessly while desperately thinking if I had finished all homework required.

- Peeping at my crush during assembly, recess, toilet breaks, in-between lessons... you get the idea.

- Listening to Aerosmith while studying for O'levels.

- Pretending to mug for O'levels, and promptly falling asleep when parents are asleep.

- The excitement and joy of buying pencil cases every year.

- The neoprints. Oh gawd, the neoprints.

- The Hello Kitty pager that I love but never bought and have sworn to buy if pagers were ever needed in my life again.

- Waking up at 9am to catch cartoons. And oh, those hilarious commercials. (Remember 'Ring Pop' and 'Push Pop'?)

- Sonia Rykiel and Prada were THE brands to carry.

- The sleek black JPG pouch that was oh-so-hip.

- MCM jeans!

- ROCCOBAROCCO PANTS!

- One of the colour combi ah lians and ah bengs like to wear was a bright yellow shirt, paired with bright blue roccobarocco pants.

- Cockroach feeler fringes. Oh wait, I had that too.

- SPARKS, FIRE, CANTO. LOL

- "Hello, le ai kia steady mai" --> maybe I should ask him that and freak him out. ^.^

- The stupid zut zut sound which just gets everyone's attention.


Sigh. I miss those days when life was simple and the songs were great. Most of all, I miss my youth.

Sighhhhhhh.

0 spanks on my perky butt.: