I just finished bringing Alex for his morning walk when my sis ran up to me, the minute I unlocked the gate.
Jean: (on the phone with my parents in US) Erm, dad bought you a doll. I think you better talk to them.
Me: (takes phone. in shock) Er... you bought a what?
Mum: Dad bought many stuff! Rockband, Guitar Hero, and he found a doll for you in a yard sale!
Me: (about to be rendered speechless) Erm, what kinda doll?
Mum: (excitedly) A Marie Osmond doll! Quite big!
I had never heard of these dolls before my mum called. Truth be told, they don't attract me in the first place.
But my dad's action touched me alot. This is a man who knows nuts about dolls. I never told him anything much about my likes and dislikes anyway. Yet, he goes to the US and lugs back games and toys for us. He's halfway around the world, and he thinks of us. He briefly saw Skyla and had the heart to buy me a doll. His intention, so pure, so good, is making me cry right now.
Family. Oh how we neglect them.
Love, vested in wrong places all these while. The past few weeks have been a nightmare. But I hope now to wake up from it and make it all up to the ones who were truly there for me. The ones who truly love me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 spanks on my perky butt.:
Post a Comment