BFF

In typical Mel fashion, I shall start off this post with a rant.

I HATE KAKI BUKIT!

Why in the world must anyone in their right frame of mind work in such an ulu balulu place baffles me.

It's far from any decent shopping centre, far from town, and most importantly far from my home.

So imagine my inward silent cry of horror when I had to meet my client there for a new project briefing.

KNNBCCB!


Anyhooooo, today is one of those weirdo days because not only did I anyhow board a random bus and got off at a random stop because I lost my patience in the bumpity long journey hell of a bus ride AND actually landed right smack in the Kaki Bukit cluster (told ya I'm born under a lucky star!), I got a surprise SMS from a someone I never thought I'd hear from again - a primary school classmate.

It went something like this:-

"I thought of you suddenly lar... Found an old compo of mine in primary school... and I wrote that we were the best of friends back then for so many years.... hence wanna do some catching up though it's a bit late..."


I cannot remember when was the last time I heard or seen the word COMPO but well, I thought her msg was so sweet.

And yes, it is rather late... 17 years too late perhaps?

A body would have decomposed by then, let alone a friendship. What exactly happened to us? I don't know. We went to different secondary schools and lost contact I guess. We do still keep in touch now and then, and we even worked together 5 years ago (motherfucker, i sound like an old woman!) but somehow... things kinda never went back the same for us.

So exactly who the fuck said friends were forever ought to be shot dead now.

And since that little text message opened a closet of childhood memories tucked away in an obscure and forgotten corner of my brain, I thought I'd like to list some of them down, in case I forget about them once more, as time goes by.


A TRIBUTE TO THOSE DAYS FORGOTTEN
--------------------------------------------------
10 things I remember in Primary School

1) I have a Maths teacher named Mr Benjamin Tan and he is one of the few teachers I will never ever forget because he is so handsome and nice to me although I sucked big time in maths!

2) Back then, my writing skills were legendary and well known in school. (There again, being in a neighbourhood school meant competition was scarce, in all blatent honesty.)

3) I got a psychotic best friend who stole things and shaved her eyebrows.

4) I remember a fat boy named Kenny who is stinking rich and enjoys showing me wads of $50 notes in his wallet just to impress me.

5) I remember the $0.30 noodles I always have during recess.

6) My favourite guy friend was my 'Kor Kor' named Vincent Wong who is a Malaysian and stayed near me. (Darn, I wonder where he is now!)

7) I had a wondergirl classmate who writes with her right hand and draws with her left. She's my idol but I never told her that. LOL.

8) I had a slutty classmate named Monica who enjoys playing strip poker with the boys. And she really strips right down to her bra. How do I know? They played in class. I wonder if she's knocked up with 16 kids and 8 different fathers by now.

9) I used to sit behind a boy named Jingshen and he looked like a freaking monkey. But he had the softest and silkest hair I ever seen and I had many times failed to pay attention in class because I was just too busy admiring his hair.

10) The girl who left me the SMS is called Huiling and she is the biggest bookworm I had ever come across. I guess that's what made us good friends in the first place. We would trade endless story books from Famous Five adventures, My Little Pony stories to Hardy Boys mysteries. In fact, one of her Nancy Drew books is still with me. LOL!


Oh and since I'm in a good mood, I shall add one more:-





11) YOU'RE TAGGED! The following people are to spill 10 facts about their primary school lives in their blog for my viewing pleasure because laoniang says so.

- Joanne
- Jeanette
- Joan
- Daphne
- Rowena
- Iris
- Ass... erm I mean Ash.
- Kelly
- Grayce
- Whoever is stalking this blog.


Now get started!








0 spanks on my perky butt.: