I think someone up there heard your prayers.

Because here I am again, this time with pictures.

Enjoy the feast!

Photobucket

I bought this for Damien before we left for our honeymoon. It’s a Good Luck carebear and it’s supposed to watch over him and bless him with lots of goody luck. But I think Good Luck bear is too comfortably snug and busy sightseeing the place to do his job. Can’t blame him actually.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Truth be told, I hated San Francisco on my first day. I found it boring, because it was so peaceful and quiet and the adventurer in my soul hated it.But it wasn’t long before the charm of the town invaded my little heart. I don’t know when, and I don’t know how. But I love it and miss it a hell lot now. See cutie horsie in the middle of Fisherman’s Wharf? And you thought you would only find seahorses at that place! A tourist trap on parade on all fours … but oh so appealing!

The place may be called Fisherman’s Wharf but you sure as hell won’t see fisherman in straw hats and nets trawling the place. There ARE fishermen though… but they are not what you have in mind….

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Meet Nature’s best fishermen at their hometown. They are everywhere and you’ll see their mark (read: poo!) everywhere in this place.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

What else do we have in Fisherman’s Wharf? Why… SEALIONS of course! A pity though, that I was there during the summer months which coincides with their mating season so instead of finding the whole pier swarmed by sealions, I only got a raft full of them. I suppose these are the impotent few. –evil grin-

Photobucket

Photobucket

I talked about the clam chowder in Fisherman’s Wharf. Apparently EVERYONE has been asking us to try it so here we are, slumped in a random restaurant, jetlagged and hungry.

Verdict of clam chowder: I don’t know what’s the big deal.

Photobucket

ALCATRAZ! It was used as a federal prison at some point in time and it held notable criminals like Robert Franklin Stround and Al Capone. Ok, I’ll admit it – bimboic me have no idea at the moment who these people are. The only people I know are those who SHOULD be locked up there and they are all loose and wild in my office. Anyway, this prison is notorious because in its 29 years of operation, it has been claimed that NO escape attempts were ever successful, due to the location and structure. Even if you manage to break free, the cold waters surrounding the island will kill you and that’s not a pretty way to die. Our Whitley Detention Centre should learn a thing or two from here.

Photobucket

Oh wait, I think the Alcatraz claims were wrong. Apparently ONE prisoner escaped and he’s the one in the picture. He’s a thief and he stole my heart. -dies from lameness-

Photobucket

The Chinese boy in the middle of Chinatown. Oh, what a perfect picture. =)

Photobucket

The steeps of San Francisco. Some of them are almost 45 degrees and it’s hellish to climb up, although I am young and (almost) as fit as a fiddle. HELLISH I tell you!

Photobucket

This is the slope we had to fucking CONQUER because I was whining about wanting to see Lombard Street. And it was a fucken major conquest because it stretched on forever and it was almost 45 degrees and gravity kept pulling at my ass!

While we were halfway up the God-is-making-fun-of-you-slope, Damien was telling panting to me, “You’d better fucking make sure this climb is worth it!”

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I’d say it was. =) Behold Lombard Street in all its crooked glory. Well, this is supposed to be the crookedest street in San Francisco and I had images of split level roads and houses before I came here so it was a pleasant surprise in a way. It’s a tourist spot too, and locals don’t understand why. Actually I don’t either, because it’s just like our S course in our driving test. Except, make it an expert level S course DOWNHILL. But hey, I guess this is one of the many charms of the lovely San Fran. (Did I mention how much I miss it already?!!!!!)

Day 1 of San Fran is almost ending. As we walked back to the train station, we came across this lovely park with a beautiful cathedral and a dreamworthy public park where dogs played off-leashed. And heck, its not even a dog run.

Photobucket

Anyway, it was here that I captured one of my proudest shot. Goes to show what my darling Lumix is capable of. Behold…

Photobucket

I think it’s fucking beautiful and you either agree with me or just shut up if you don’t because I’m not hearing criticisms for this one. –sticks out tongue-

The next day, our legs were too tired and the thought of WALKING to the Golden Gate Bridge made them go jello immediately. So we rented bicycles instead! Aren’t we clever? ^.^

Photobucket

My racer baby looking all cool. (Don’t tell him his hair is standing from the wind…)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

En route to the Golden Gate Bridge, we passed by Crissy Beach and the pet owners together with their carefree pets at play made me miss my Alex sooo fucking much.

We seem to be cycling forever. It’s not an easy task ok, because the wind is damn fucking strong and it’s blowing TOWARDS you. So you not only have to deal with the dirt road, you have to fight the relentless wind as well.

Photobucket

Is that what I think it is?

Photobucket

Yes, I think it’s the Golden Gate Bridge! Can you spot the top part peeking cheekily out? I can almost feel the damn thing mocking me.

Photobucket

Destination so near yet so far…

It’s a damn long journey by the way, and we couldn’t help but take a break in the middle of nowhere.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And while resting, I managed to catch another nice shot! Now this, I’ll accept your barrage of criticisms. Just make sure they are intelligent ones.

Photobucket

TADA~! -cue Corrine May “it’s a long… long… journey…….. And my legs are killing me.” Something like that. =P

Photobucket

We’re nearing the bridge now. And I see a dog walker with 5-6 dogs. He’s on skateboard somemore! I think it’s damn cool. =)

Photobucket

FINALLY! At the foot of our destination. There’s still some distance left but I can taste victory in the air already.

Photobucket

This marked our halfway point en route to the Golden Gate Bridge. It was a pity about the fog though, because we couldn’t get a clear shot of the bridge. To hell with ‘a picture says a thousand words.’ I say, stop admiring my photos and experience the Golden Gate Bridge and the journey up there yourself!

Ok, maybe you need some time to get your air tickets settled. So I guess I shall let you carry on your admiration for my fab photos. ^.^

Photobucket

Golden Gate Bridge conquered! We are very proud of ourselves. ^.^

Didn’t take much photos on the Bridge itself because …

It’s. Damn. Fucking. Cold.

So cold that I had to hide my fingers in my jacket lest the cold eats all ten dainty of them.

So no photos on top the Golden Gate Bridge for you.

Hey, I did tell you to experience the damn thing yourself right!

And this just about marks the end of San Francisco.

But before I leave you high and dry and clamouring for more of my fab shots, here’s one I find really amusing.

You see, before I left for my honeymoon, mummy kept nagging at me for 2 freaking weeks to get her Coach bags. Oh, wait. Did I say get? Correction – she said GRAB her Coach bags while I’m there because it’s cheaper and she’s such a Coach fan.

And because I love my Mummy so, Coach was one of the places we made a detour to before we left for Las Vegas.

Photobucket

Look ma, its Coach! And there are a lot of people lining outside it. Are they giving away free bags or something?

Photobucket

No free bags. This is just the queue to ENTER the damn shop. Oh and guess what? 90% Asians in the queue. I think their mummies have been nagging them for Coach bags too!

Coming up next – the glitz and glam of Las Vegas! ^.^

0 spanks on my perky butt.: