A simple way to get your mum to agree to a tattoo:-

Me: Mum, can I talk to you for a sec?

Mum: Yes honey, wassup?

Me: I want a tongue piercing.

Mum (aghast): Why do you want to do that?

Me: Erm, because it looks beautiful.

Mum (frowning and trying to be patient and reasonable with a daughter who is way out of her teens): It’s unhygienic. Your tongue is the most important tool in your mouth. Why will you be so stupid to mutilate it!

Me: So you’d rather I get a tattoo?

Mum (ponders while stirring her coffee): Yes.

Me: But why?

Mum: Because at least, a tattoo is not life threatening.

Score: Mel 1, Mum 0

And if I am still dying to pierce my tongue, maybe I should start an innocent conversation about wanting to pierce my pussy instead.

I have the world’s hippest mum! =)

0 spanks on my perky butt.: