Sunday is slack day.

Sunday is relac one corner day.

Sunday is let's laze in bed and not get up day.

And this Sunday is Second Life day.

It's my grand week of playing SL by now, and my verdict - it's not for the bloodthirsty nor those dying for one upmanship. Sure you can kill in SL, but its not the kind you are used to in other 'normal' games. But of coz, as one of its creator's claim, SL is hardly a game. -shrug-

If you love socialising, then SL could be your cuppa. It is about 'enhanced community', and you get to explore different cultures within the game itself. For me, I love the creation part of the game and I never fail to be amazed at the creativity of their users as I explore the different territories and lands.

Its pretty interesting for a couple to play it together but alas, my man thinks its a sad piece of shit and refuses to explore the vast world with me. :(

Photobucket
Say hello to Tesla. Yes, I have a thing for goth as you can tell. :)

Gossip Girl will never be the same to me again. Today, I traveled to the Upper East Side and gatecrashed a party at Chuck's house. Blair was there, along with some girls I didn't know. The environment was really superb and well-done. I can't wait to tell Karin!

Photobucket
Tesla grooving on a dance floor at Chuck's.

Today is also the day I managed to sniff out the Singaporeans' hangout! Finally! They seemed like any SL players at first but the minute they started talking, I knew I hit the jackpot and found my fellow citizens. :)

Photobucket
Tesla is happy to speak Singlish! :)

But as you all know, I'm not exactly a mix and mingle kinda girl in real life nor in Second Life. So after a while, I escaped to an island to have a breath of fresh air all by meself.

Photobucket
Tesla relac shiok shiok.

It can get pretty boring when you're playing alone. There are no one to share thoughts with, nor converse to. No one to shop with, no one to take photos with, no one to laze with, no one to dance with. (Damien, are you feeling guilty yet?!) Just as I was about to label Second Life as just another fanciful chat platform ala IMVU which is a 3D chat program, I chanced upon a lovely place.

Avilion.

Avilion is a fantasy land set in medieval times where you can mingle around with faries, dwarves and what have yous. And best of all, you have to ROLE PLAY - meaning DRESS and SPEAK like you would in medieval times.

And Tesla doesn't have any such clothings. She's Goth dammit!

Heng heng, the people of Avilion had great foresight. They gave away a set of free medieval clothings for males and females so unmedieval people like Tesla can enter the sacred role play grounds without getting their asses kicked.

Photobucket
Tesla spy fairies! And no, these fairies don't wear boots. (inside joke.)

This place is amazing because it's just so beautifully well made! I had a great time exploring the land and drinking in the sights like a thirsty tourist.

Photobucket
Even their shops are beautiful!

But the best part is ..... when people started talking to me.

"Greetings my lady Tesla." they say when they see me enter the grounds.

Oh shit. Role-play my friends, means you have to get into character and speak like one. And I do not grow up with fantasy books so medieval language is about as foreign to me as French.

And no, I don't think hello or bonjour is quite the word they are looking for.

"Greetings all," was my reply. I closed my eyes and waited for someone to kick me out for inappropriate language (non-Medieval language is inappropriate for the setting!) but thankfully they did not.

It was a wonderful experience, seeing them talk. There were no fuck words, no uncouth vulgarities. Men are greeted as My Lord, and ladies as My Lady. Everything about this place is so different, I was soon lost in its magic.

But good times have to end.

All this time, I tried to keep as quiet as possible because i couldn't really speak medievally, but it's pretty rude to leave a place without at least saying goodbye. And I doubt people say 'Goodbye' as it is in medieval times.

"Farewell all," I bidded to the people around me, crossing my fingers that it is right.

"Fair winds, My Lady Tesla." said one.

"Be safe, My Lady," said another.


Just sitting there with them and hearing them address me so makes me feel like a kuniang already.

And so this Lady shall put down her blog quill for the night is beckoning.

I shall see thee anon.

0 spanks on my perky butt.: