My life has been rather interesting of late.

Mum happened to pick me up from work and since she needed a new mahjong box, considering the old one was falling apart in pathetic shambles, I brought her to City Plaza to buy one.

That place is like a fucken time machine, stopped in the 80s. Sibey retro can!

The clothes are uber funky to say the least, but you just might find a couple of interesting clothes there. Think Top 100 fashion store and spawn it by 100. That's City Plaza for you. LOL.

But to be fair, I saw a couple of clothes there which I have seen from Taiwan and HK sprees. It's a fucken clothes museum, i tell you!!!!

Ok, I'm kidding. It's worth a visit lah - if you're bored, hungry (Arnold's!), and have nowhere else to go. Or if you need mahjong boxes.

Anyway, after mummy bought her mahjong box, we made our way to the car and........

I saw an arcade.

A SUPER OLD SCHOOL ARCADE.

And and and and and and?

A kiap kiap machine!!!!!!

And since mummy is so interested to see me kiap kiap, i thought I'll just show her the fun and thrill of it.

Which means that... I went to kiap kiap with my mum, in an arcade!!!!!

That is like so incredibly wrong that I do not know which part to gasp at.

A pity though, I didn't manage to win anything for my mum. :(

But at least, she learnt what it was all about. ^^

A little while ago, she was looking over my shoulder as I conversed with Joanne on Skype.

"What's that symbol," she asked and pointed to the '=)' stupid thing that Joanne is so fond of making.

"Erm, mum, thats a smiley face." I explained.

"No it isn't!" she argued.

So poor me had to draw and explain the use of symbolic emoticons to her while my sister goes =) happily.

"That's so interesting!" she exclaimed. "You people nowadays are so clever!"

She watched me talk to Joanne somemore, and she decided.

"Hey teach me Skype and MSN too!" she exclaimed, obviously intoxicated by the seemingly new world of cyberspace. (Cue Princess Jasmine: "A whole new world~~~~ A dazzling place I never knew~~~~~")

So I gave her a crash course afterwhich got her thinking.

"Is this everyone's lifestyle now?" she asked.

"Well I guess, pretty much so, since the internet is so prevalent." I replied. "Even those old useless farts in my office use MSN. It's quicker and less formal than email."

I also told her that sometimes, I even talk to Ian on MSN. And he sits right next to me.

"Don't you think that's so sad?" my mum sighs. "SMS, MSN, life is so impersonal now. No wonder the younger generation doesn't know how to interact anymore."

It's true. I agree totally. I guess its a double-edged sword. It brings you closer to people yet barricades you from the crowd. Globalisation, you say? The world has indeed become smaller. But so has one's personal world. And because of it, the world seems much bigger than ever before. Am I even making sense here? LOL.

Her curiosity was piqued again after she surfed through random blogs.

"Teach me how to blog too!" she exclaimed.

Ok. I gave in. After all, mum has a knack for writing too. I thought it would be good for her to have her own writing space. Plus, it's hard to say no to someone so enthu. ^^

So yes. Now mum has her own blogging space and she's preparing to haunt me on MSN while she works.

Does my mum rock or what? ^^


Random thought of the day:-
When my mum goes out with her friends, she tells them " See you next time" when she leaves.

When I go out with my friends, I tell them "See you online" when I leave.

Personal relationships are so easy and so hard at the same time.

Is technology really to blame for the shift, just one generation apart?

Does globalisation really bring us closer? Or are we further apart than ever?

0 spanks on my perky butt.: