I just came back after yet another crazy night with the monkies, this time at Settler's Cafe. After all the hype Eileen told me about it, and the raves I read about the place, it was great to experience it for myself.
In fact, after all that has happened today, I would love to have dinner and some games there with Eileen, Anna and Gary. Hopefully the crazy games that we can play will help tide Anna through her emotional turmoil a bit.
But the photos will come later. This post is about synergy. And I'm talking people-people dynamics.
Have you ever talked to someone whom you can have a great witty conversation with? One that makes your brain do a double somersault while you think of witty replies one after another and laugh while the other person does the same?
Its fucking amusing and great brain excercise, though why am I actually enjoying a mental workout at 4am in the morning, I'm not too sure. Blame it on the workaholic genes in me; I am in the Creative line after all.
Sadly its rare to ever find such people in Singapore. Perhaps our culture has eroded the laguage capabilities of the majority. So what if you can speak both English and Chinese? You're a master of none which is sad. Hell, even I can't speak proper sentences without jutting in a dialact phrase or two. Typical Singaporean, I am. But on another note, I am pretty sure I can write better than the average Singapore shmuck on the streets so thats one up for me and none for the rest of you. -gloats-
But i digress.
I am fortunate to have met people who can respond quickly and creatively (its an occupational hazard i swear). People like Damien (why of course), Jem (she's darn quick and funny), Jeanette (when she's in the mood to talk to me) and best of all Dexter. I do count my blessings.
Granted, Dexter and I usually hold our conversations through MSN. Considering he is in Aussie and me in little red dot, its a given. And conversations with him are always great. It makes me laugh and it makes me think. The spontenous wits, the juicy creativity, its the ultimate alcohol to give me a boost of high.
Which is probably the reason why I usually close MSN windows with others after what I have set out to ask and do what i needed to. Good friends of mine are the exception of course, since it doesn't matter if they are witty or not. Its just great to have their company. Other human beings, they bore me. Mundane questions and yawn worthy answers and their endless hahahas of which I am not exactly haha-ing about.
Same goes for people in real life. Its lagi harder for me to click into their social settings when all they ever care about is what make up they are gonna buy next and when is the next football fever. Don't these people use their brains to think of something deeper? Something they could actually ponder and think about instead? Something creative and spontaneous to add some colour to life and to show how beautiful languages are?
Damien and I were talking about making small talk in social settings. I think we both have a problem with that (yes does it surprise you that the yakkity Mel has a problem with small yakkities?) Me feels Damien is probably too self-conscious and a tad shy thus he feels he is unable to make small talk. My baby is loving and gentle but he isn't the world's most out-going person. In fact, I'm surprised we could actually hit it off as well as we could because I ain't the planet's friendliest person either.
Ok i admit. I'm such a snob. Just give me 5 minutes to talk to you and I will know if you and I can hit it off, if you and I are of the same level and wavelength. Because if you are not, I am so not wasting my time on you.
Maybe at the end of the day, its all about chemistry between the people you meet. Why is it that we have friends we have, lovers we have, enemies we have. Like why some people just rub you the wrong way (which the stupid HR manager just did today and i had to summon all my strength not to slap him in his kuku face). Like why we are so attracted to someone yet we don't really understand why since we're really so fucking different.
So perhaps those people whose chemical ions can't really bond with mine, they are like A-Maths. Useful to have around (since it gets you out of maths class in JC) but not really sorely missed when they're gone.
And just like A-Maths, you probably can't understand them half the time anyway nor do you see any relevence they have in your life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 spanks on my perky butt.:
Post a Comment