One of the worse things in life is not to suffer fools but to be foolish enough to be taken for a ride.

And today me learnt this important lesson, thanks or no thanks to a person called Jean. And no, me not referring to my sweety sister Jeanette who is currently having a nose flood at the moment. Bless her.

Since lao niang has more or less simmered down and that considering Alex's birthday has just passed, me shall start off with a nice note first.

I receieved wonderful news that the artworks were completed by an extremely talented artist and I was to collect them from Little Miss Jean. It was the moment I have been waiting for, not so much for myself but to give them to Damien, as a surprise gift. Check them out:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Some people are just so talented. -swoons-

So happily I was told to collect these works from Little Miss Jean and when i contacted her, voila, she stayed near me! And I made the mistake of not being able to control my excitement to surprise Damien and arranged for a meet-up immediately after Alex's birthday celebration.

We arranged to meet at her place which was in fact, extremely close to mine, except that our dear friend gave me some directions which ended up making a farking huge round. Me admits, I should bear part of the fault for:
1) not checking out the street directory in the first place
2) blindly following her instructions

This mistake of mine caused me a farking wild goose chase trying to locate her obscure apartment in some freaking maze, walking the distance of 2 mrt stations and wasting 1 hour when in fact, I had a direct bus to her place in less than 30 minutes! Gawd, I feel so stupid. In fact part of my simmering anger stems from this oversight of my part so Little Miss Jean should not fully shoulder the blame. I just cannot fanthom how she came up with a direction that is one more train station away when there is a MUCH nearer and straightforward one nearby AND is nearere to my home.

First lesson learnt: Don't believe in directions given by a lady.

After finally meeting her and realising the farking fact that I had travelled so much distance unneccessarily (and having to spill the beans to Damien that actually I had a gift in store for him) my mood was almost 70% destroyed. What is the point of a surprise gift if it is no longer a suprise even though at that point, he didn't know what it was exactly?

Meeting Little Miss Jean yet again tested my tolerence, and the only good thing for both of us is that i have learnt to chain my tongue during first meetings. I don't have a fiery temper as compared to my dad or Damien but I have a mean tongue which i sometimes have difficulty controlling during highly emotional peaks which is only compensated by my tolerence. Dumb is an understatement for this lady, and me the word smith cannot even find the right word to fit into this absurb puzzle.

Let me test your IQ & EQ, people:
1) It has been a rainy day with unpredictable downpours
2) Little Miss Jean knows I am not driving.
3) Part of the works she is passing me is done on paper.

Gee, what can you conclude? Paper + Rain + No Car = WET = Artwork spoil

I'd thought it was pretty common sense so I was quite surprised when Little Miss Jean passed the works, bare and exposed, by hand.

"Thanks!" was my sweet little girl reply. She did help after all, though her directions were of another matter altogether. "But erm, do you mind if you could spare me a plastic bag so the works won't get wet?"

Little Miss Jean looked at me like I had just asked the most ridiculous question. Sorry darling but me ain't gonna risk ruining the artworks just because of your stupidity.

"But these came without plastic bags!" was her reply. Then she waved a little plastic bag which housed the other half of the artworks to me. "Only these came with plastic bags!"

Did I miss the news that plastic bags suddenly cost $100 a piece?

"Yeah I understand, but I was just wondering could you spare me a plastic bag, considering it's rainy and I don't want the artworks to get wet?" I tried again patiently, much alike talking to a 2 year old kid.

"I don't have any," was her reply. "I only have those big big red red ones."

Aaaahhhhhhhh. I didn't know plastic bags have other fanciful names.

"Can I have one please?" I pleaded. Its really just a freaking plastic bag.

Little Miss Jean looked a tad reluctant to spare me a misery 'big big red red' plastic bag for some obscure reason. Perhaps Chinese New Year is coming and she needed to make new red clothes out from them. And evil me is trying to cheat her of a godly plastic bag! Good Lord, she probably has one shirt less this year because of this. I am damned.

At long last, Little Miss Jean left to get a Holy Plastic Bag for me, but not without leaving me with ALL the artworks which I had not paid for (not exactly a smart move, considering I could just left with all the works without paying for them. *evil grins*) I think she finally realised the degree of her actions because she rushed down with (good gracious me) a soon-to-be Endangered Species Red Plastic Bag and stood by patiently to collect moolah from me.

So here I am with a small bag of stones, 2 pieces of canvas and one dangling plastic bag and trying to wrestle money out from my pouch. Ok, me admit. I took my own sweet time to dig and finally produced part of the payment to her.

"You take this first" I said, passing her part of the total sum. Gee, you should have seen her face when she took it. So scared me no money to pay up like that. Her kancheong spider face only relax abit when she saw more notes peeking out from my pouch. Darn. There goes the fun. Come to think of it, I should have played hide and seek with her when she went home to get the precious bag. ;p

And the deal is done at long farking last.

And I got a FREE holy, godly and almost extinct from the face on earth red plastic bag to protect the artworks.

Maybe I should consider selling that bag on ebay.

Then, Little Miss Jean would not be one shirt short.










0 spanks on my perky butt.: