Having no luck at the job field these days, depressed and penniless me have to resort to what I do best to cheer meself up - drown myself in animes in front of the TV/PC.
And Gundam Seed Destiny has just joined my list of "Must Watch" recently. No doubt, yours truly is seriously lagging, considering Destiny is:
- the second series for Christ's sakes, the sequel to Seed.
- the series is about to end.
Still, better late than never ya?
Gundam Seed is not exactly new to me, having caught episode snippets here and there on kids central (don't laugh!). Somehow though, I was never hooked onto the series, perhaps because English dubbing is never as good as the Japanese original and that I'm never into Space and robotic concepts. Thus, I'm surprised that now I kinda like Gundam Seed Destiny, having watched half of the series on DVD.
One word - action packed. It makes Naruto (with blardy endless fillers) seem like a snail.
It was hilarious in the beginning though because I had no idea what it was talking about. What the hell is Plant? Where is Orb? Who's fighting who? Is it me or does Shin, Athrun and Kira look almost the same? Who's good? Who's bad? And why the hell is the Captain of Minerva sleeping with the Chairman? Tsk tsk.
Geez, that's the problem with watching the second series without catching the first. You are like a lost child trying to find his/her way through the confusing maze of plots and characters. Doesn't help that Destiny moves friggin' fast.
It took me up to Volume 3 to catch the hang of it finally. And even before then, I was hooked, no thanks to the awesome graphics. The mobile suits are so screaming Transformers though. I was half expecting the Transformers song to play in the background every time the mobile suits are launched. Gee, I want a mobile suit too! With that, I can blast all taxi drivers who dare to hog the lane I am on! *yippeeee*



0 spanks on my perky butt.:
Post a Comment