Was woken up today at 11am and groggly remembered a sweet sounding lady inviting me for an interview for a job position i recently applied for.

She sounded quite amused that i was still sleeping at 11am.

And she booked an interview appointment for me at 3pm.

At the other end of the world - Eunos.

Apart from being un-metally prepared, I had no formal clothes to wear either. So I ransacked my mum's wardobe and decided on a strippey pink blouse to pair with my decent length denim skirt. Not exactly screaming formal but that's the best i can pull off.

And of course, in typical Mel's fashion, i was running late.... again.

Which was the taboo of all taboos. NEVER be late for a job interview.

To make matters worse, i'd forgotten to bring my precious lighter.

So I was relatively depressed and nicotine deprived when i landed in Eunos MRT at 3.15pm. The sweet-sounding lady met me halfway from the train station to the place of the interview and after an exchange of polite handshakes and smiles, her first remark was, "Wow, you have really long hair."

I couldn't think of how to reply her small talk so I just smiled politely. She attempted to joke and make small talk again, of which I still continued to smile politely which resulted in us walking to our destination in silence.

I doubt i made a ground breaking first impression on her.

The only thought in my still-groggy mind is to buy a lighter quickly so i could have my first drag of the day.

But she might have easily mistaken my deprivation symptoms as plain rudeness and unfriendliness. Shucks. :(

The interview went ok (to me at least). The usual jazz, the usual quesions. The same polite smiles and diplomatic answers.

"What do you like to do in your free time, Mel?" the editor asked.
I like to eat, sleep and basically act like a sloth. But that's not gonna score me points eh?

"Oh, I like working with animals when I have the time. If there's a pet section in your mag, it'll be perfect."

"Oh that can be something to think about. We are open to suggestions for our mag. *flips and shows me mag's categories* Basically one of your job scope is to try out restaurants' food and write about them. Do you have a favourite restaurant?"

I almost wanted to say Pasta Mania but i have a feeling that will be suicidal.

"Nope, i don't have any particular favourites." *gives dazzling smile*

After a few more questions, the editor turned the tables.

I was to interview him on why he decided to run this particular magazine and submit the article to him by midnight on the same day.

I was given 2 minutes to think of questions. And to try hard to remember his answers without the aid of recording devices of which I have grown to rely so much on.

And in all that 2 minutes, all i could think of is my sweet Texas 5.

But i managed and scrapped through the little ordeal, though I have trouble recalling what his exact answers were, of which i know i will curse and swear when i type out the article later.

The editor said he will let me know if I'd been selected on Friday.

Judging from my overall perfomance, i'm not even sure if i should be waiting anxiously by the phone.

But at least, i managed to buy a lighter immediately after the interview and fulfil my demonic nicotine cravings.






























0 spanks on my perky butt.: