I have good news and bad news.
The good news is that after seeing the famous Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code sitting on my sis' table for months, I've decided to flip through the pages out of curiosity. Needless to say, I was hooked and devoured the whole book. I like it.
And the bad news is - I've finished it. In just under a day (can't put the farking book down) and currently, no fancy books have caught my eye so I'm left with nothing much to entertain me for the night... again (except playing on my sis' comp *sigh*). I swear, i need sleeping pills. Either that or I shld just fly up to the USA to accompany Damien since my biological clock seems more in tuned over there anyway.
Reading The Da Vinci Code just reminded me of Desmond Kon's lectures and his ramblings about Decartes, Socrates, Chrisitianity, the bible etc. Til today, I can still remember Kon's teachings. Like how he mentioned about the Old Testaments and New Testaments and why were some testaments chosen over others. And of course, Dan Brown touched on the exact same thing. I wonder if Kon would like this book :). When i read it, it was farking deja vu.
But when i read a part about the symbolism between the Olympic Games and the Goddess of Love Venus, i was like huh?? Because from my readings of the Greek Mythology since i was a kid up til today, isn't the Olympic Games supposed to honour Zeus instead? An error on Dan's part or perhaps I missed a certain meaning?
Anyway, I pretty much like this book. I like anything which questions Christianity/God/Jesus/The Church etc (you get the point). And of course, i adore the sacred feminist part of the novel, which Kon also talked about back in those nostalgic Poly days.
I am not Christian/Catholic/Jewish blah blah blah and I abhor being preached at especially by overzealous Christians i see on the streets. There was one Christian girl who tried to argue with me about the theory of recairnation years back. I was like huh?? I vaguely remembered she said something about the number of humans dying and being born doesn't equate all the time. Something like that. i was quite amused by her.
And of course, I'm sure many of us have faced the ultimate of all - those who try so hard to get you to follow their religion that they will chastise whatever religious beliefs you hold that are different from theirs. Yes, I've dealt with these people many times and they always come from THAT same particular religion.
The unforgettable incident was a Christian girl who rang on my door bell and tried hard to persuade me to go to her Church. I was nice. I declined politely when i had the option of slamming the door right into her pretty face. But i didn't. i listened to her beliefs, to her faith and then with my altar blatantly facing her, she criticised the Goddess Of Mercy with the usual crap that God is the only Holy One.
She was lucky I aint feeling nasty that day cos I could have easily let my dog out for a game of bite-that-girl's-fat-ass.
Girl, you have your beliefs. I have mine.
And who are you to say u're right and I'm wrong?
And if believing in God means you are on the guarenteed stairway to heaven and that you have the right to criticise other people's beliefs with absolutely no respect whatsoever, then i really don't want to be in the same place as you when i die.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 spanks on my perky butt.:
Post a Comment