Have you ever gotten so close to someone that you can read that particular person's mind and say out words in sync with that person?

I used to be totally synced with one of my secondary school best friends, Qinying. Hell, during those days, we worked together at the same company thus we meet each other everyday. I remember those days where she was stationed at Specialist Center John Little's and me at Centrepoint's Robinsons and most of the time, we'll just meet up for lunch and after work since these two places are just opposite each other. Sometimes, during our off-days, we'll meet up as well. That's how mad we were. ^.^

In fact, we saw each other so much and got so close that sometimes, i'll say the same words that pop out of her mouth the exact same time. And each time it happened, we'll always have a good laugh about it.

Those were our teenage years. Qinying and I still keep in contact now but not as often so this ability slowly faded away.

And for sometime now, I realised that I've synced with another person - my boyfriend, Damien. It's funny how we think exactly the same thoughts and can even say out the exact same words at the same moment too. Like out of impulse and out of the blue, I'll call him and say "hey i wanna bring the dogs out to WCDR " and guess what, he was thinking the same too and was abt to ask me that! Or sometimes when we're talking, we'll pop out the exact word together. Too many incidents. Too many examples. Too much to be a mere passing coincidence.

And when things like that happen, we'll laugh about it and tell each other to scram from our heads. Sometimes, it's pretty eerie. But most of the time, it's very cool... and funny!

In fact, Damien and I have synced so much that I suspect our computers are syncing too. Like a few weeks back, his computer crashed and just a couple of days later, my computer decided to die on me too, out of the blue. His sister then managed to revive their computer and before he could laugh at the state of mine, my dad helped to resurrect mine from the dead as well. And then, just a few days before, his computer started giving problems again (Damien, just get a new computer! ^.^). And yesterday, my OS couldn't be found and my hard-disk was on the brink of crashing (I should get a new one too! -.-).

Today, for the first time since I quit my job, i awoke at 8.30am. I couldn't sleep well last night, knowing that my second best friend (my dog is the first, comp is the second) is dying. Yet surprisingly, it seems to be working well again, though i won't be surprise if it crashes the next minute. So for now, I'm savouring the moments. My computer has served me well for 5 long years after all.

Which got me thinking - if my hard-disk suddenly revived, perhaps that means Damien's computer will be fine too. His sister had requested for the ACER technician to take a look at their computer today. I personally found it amusing that his sister even bothered to do so. You see, Damien's computer is even older than mine, probably belongs to the generation of computers before mine. Its Windows 95 for heaven's sakes. When i popped by to help them fix their computer, i had to control myself not to laugh when i saw the Windows 95 OS. It's been a long time since i've last seen that! ^.^

But i digress.

Another sync subject of mine is needless to say, Alex my dog. That is a totally different level of communication altogether, We communicate by body language and sixth sense. Times when he had diarrhea and he gently woke me up and looked into my eyes, telling me that. Times when he was uncomfortable with other dogs, he'll look at me and his body language showed it all.

It's not that hard to read a dog. They are after all, truthful creatures of instinct. They display all their emotions and thoughts using body language. Like how by reading their subtle body signs, i can foresee Titan or Alex on the verge of getting into a fight with another dog and react accordingly. From their body language, the owner can even tell if the fights between the dogs are serious or not. Most of the time, the fights just look vicious but no harm is really done. It takes a good and observant eye to spot that and not every dog owner can. Most of them just freak out whenever there's a fight.

Perhaps mine are medium dogs and ain't pushovers themselves so I'm not so worried about them getting themselves into fights. In fact, i believe a dog learns something from every fight. Titan just got his sides ripped off badly from another dog. I hope that teaches him a lesson not to pick on every dog he sees. And i know he's smart enough to learn from that lesson.

And perhaps if i've owned tiny Chihuahuas and cutesy Malteses instead of medium sized mongrels who can hold their own ground, I'll be more paranoid when it comes to fights and stuff.

Ooops, i digress again... ^.^














0 spanks on my perky butt.: