Why

It happened a week back, but of course lazy me never bothered much about the newspaper. As usual, I got to know it through the forums, when forumers became so annoyed with the Malaysian village girl who claimed Singapore's English sucks.

What's with the anger yo?

I don't disagree with her. It really does. If it weren't for the fact that I came from a school bursting with elite writers, I'd have thought I was the only one whose English was bom pi pi too. At least, compared to the average Singaporean, who seriously, can't write to save their sorry asses.

Don't misunderstand me though. I am just, annoyed and a bit embarrassed at the general lack of language capabilities of our educated nation. But I embrace it, and sadistically rejoice in it, because hey it gives me a ricebowl. Besides, our nation has always produced students better at mathematics and science, and hell, I can't do well in those two to save my sorry ass either.

But for someone, to diss our language capabilities, when she ain't that good, just seems laughable. Her language and writing standards, at best, is comparable to my A-Maths standard.

And we all know how absolutely wonderful I am at that.

I just needed to write something before I start my day, so this post, as random as it is, may come across as utterly bitchy and conceited.

So what? I can write, and chances are, you can't so away on my high horse I shall go.

0 spanks on my perky butt.: