It has been a memorable year to say the least. A year of extremes, a year of lost and found, a year of learning, a year of trying new things, a year of meeting new people. The best and worst things happened this year, so its hard to say if its been a good or bad year. At best, it is truly a life-changing year.
Highlighted Memories of 2009
- Joined Addison's team, with a whole new job scope and role. Not my forte, but I learned many things along the way, plus re-discovered my love and knack in precision editing. Back in school, the role of precision editing was usually passed to me because I was the best at it, and I never thought I will import this skill for real life work. Maybe I should just dive into the audio industry and fight with Joanne for jobs. ^^
- Traveling! I went Hong Kong with Daphne, Batam and Australia with Xan and gang. I MUST visit Japan next year once I have brushed up my Japanese properly.
- Jojo passed on in January and sometimes it still seemed like yesterday when I last saw her wagging her stump. Her passing was the driving force behind what finally pushed me to go into photography at last. Looking through her photos then, I realised photos and videos are the best momentos we have of our loved ones and I want to horde as many of these memories as I can.
- Photography. After years of sitting on the fence, I decided to get my first DSLR and explore the world of photography. I remember joking with my friends then, that I aim to go pro within 3 years so I still have 2 more years to buck up. LOL.
- For those who did not know, I have already broken up with Damien. It's already been half a year, and funnily enough THAT seemed like a long time ago. So it was really weird when John came up to me a few days ago to ask if I was already married. LOL.
- Speaking of marriage, Anna and Alice got married this year. I was the jie mei for Anna's wedding, my virgin jie mei experience! I still can't stand the Chinese wedding tradition though, because they are a complete waste of time and money so I am quite determined to siam my next jie mei invitation which is now extended by Yiru.
- Yiru and I became close friends again after 5 years. We were best friends in poly but rarely spoke after graduation. However, she was one of my friends who stood by me through the darkest of my times and we're pretty close right now. I guess you win some, you lose some.
- Friendship is a funny thing, don't you think? 10 years ago, decked out in my secondary school uniform, I truly believe friendship is forever. Now I know it's not. Friendship is a forged choice. You can choose to keep it, and you can choose to let it go. You can choose to treasure it. Or you can choose to give everything up, for your selfish reasons.
- Perhaps sisters are better then. They can't exactly give you up because they have to face you day in day out. Plus, they have to put up with your illogical crush on the cute guy you met at the tournament and stay by your side when you end up crashing and burning.
- Blackshot. One of my favourite games so far, and the one which has brought me the most memories, the most happiness, and the most heartaches. Of matches won and lost, clans joined and quit, tournaments, competitions, prizes, videos, photos, friends and enemies, love and hate. This game opened up a whole new dimension for me.
- ..IRIS..†.NOIR.†. says:
that is exactly why i am sending you this
tomolo WE start a new life
GOOD BYE 2009 and all those bastards that came along with it.
- It is hard to like someone so much, and not being able to say it. Perhaps thats why they say it's easier to be loved and to love. Nonetheless, it isn't something I regret, and I thank you for that 6 hours you were with me. I will always remember it.
- I drove around the most this year, even on the roads of aussie! So much so I want my own car now, except current salary cannot support both vehicle and my lavish lifestyle. Sugs!
- Taylor Swift. Sometimes it feels as though she's singing my life in her songs.
- Megan. My baby, the gift from everyone who love me, unsoiled and unblemished. Her arrival marked the start of my new life, so she's really special to me. Perhaps that's why I am biased. ^^
- Bah. Getting lazy to think already. Mind on half day today. Couldn't even win Sam in the war of words just now. How embarrassing for a copywriter to lose to a matah trainee.

With that, I shall leave you with one last photo before we bid '09 farewell and look towards a brighter tomorrow.
I think the presence of pure hope is what makes this day so interesting and beautiful.

Megan and I wish all of you a beautiful 2010 ahead. Muakz!



0 spanks on my perky butt.:
Post a Comment