Retail therapy is the best way to fight stress. Screw the crap about temporary relief because one second could very well be the fragile thin line between sanity and a nervous breakdown. Plus, there's no better way to save the sluggish economy.

So yes, go ahead and spend. The timing couldn't be more than perfect. You can't bring your money down the grave anyway. And too much inheritence is often the cause of squabbles and displeasure amongst family members. Like they say, money is the root of all evil. I would like to contest whoever who came up with that though, because if you think about it, the true root of all evil is greed, but lets save that debate for another time.

Anyway, I was shopping with Damien a few weeks back and I was pointing out various items I was longing to buy (see, i very hardworking in planning to save the economy!). I think he got quite amused with me because he said something along the lines of:-

"Why don't you make a list of the things you said you would like to get and then we'll see how much you can achieve?"

Humph! Fine. And so today, I shall make that list, and constantly update it whenever I purchase something on that list or have new lemmings. God, that will keep me very busy. ><



Mel's Purchase Order Form

1) Mitsubishi I Car / Daihatsu Copen ($40K - $56k)

Photobucket
The Copen is love.


Because trains are starting to piss me off. What is the fucking point of paying the ever increasing fare if the trains I encounter are either derailed halfway, late for 15 mins, stopped for no rhyme or reason or ends at some station just because? Is it just me or is SMRT's service getting unreliable these days?

If I have to put up with their sub-standard service, I might as well pay more for my own comfort, convenience and independence. I love girly small cute cars, so these two are my choices for now. Plus, the 2-seater Copen is so incredibly selfish and so very me. Gives me the perfect reason not to drive anyone I don't like because my Coach/Juicy Couture/Loewepro bag deserves a seat all by itself thankyouverymuch.

2. Lea (approx $500)

PhotobucketPout for me!

I have been in love with her since late last year and you should be proud that I did not rush into buying her because I am oh-so-disciplined and broke. I have been scouring photos after photos of her taken by lucky owners ever since. Now that her company recently made the announcement that she will be re-released in late March, I'm not sure if my discipline would be as strong as before.

3. Coco (approx $500)

Photobucket
Smile always

Admitedly, I never was much of Coco's fan because she just looked so..... happy which really isn't my kinda thing. Yet her endearing sweetness grew on me, no thanks to a certain Cindy who is tempting me with her overblushed doll. Now that the company is re-releasing them in late March which is merely a couple of weeks away, I am painfully torn over who to get. So c'mon people, throw in your votes!


4. Puki (approx $150??)

Photobucket Ma Huney Bunny!

A very vulgar name for a face that cute. The minute she was released, I was positively screaming because I thought she was incredibly adorable. Besides, she's just a fraction of what Coco and Lea will cost. It's no contest though - if I had to choose between Puki and the other two girls, I will choose the latter. But heck, since this is my shopping list, let's just leave her here anyway.

5. Asuka (approx $150)

Photobucket Love those eyes!

Come to think of it, if a Puki is here on the list, then it only makes sense for a Pullip to be in the running too. My recent Pullip crush is on Asuka because I realised how beautiful her eyes are when I stumbled across her photos. Anyway, I am lazy to list down my favourite Pullips again so let's just make do with Asuka for now.

6. Clothes for Skyla (approx $200)

Photobucket Strip them!

My girl decides that she wants a whole new wardrobe and this diva ain't talking Barbie fashion. Other than the current stock clothings that we've got our eye on (Stica's, Raphia's, Hello Kitty's etc), we're also hoping to expand our lolita fashion collection. Now, if only we could find someone to split the doll with us...


7. Clothes for ME! (budget: $250)

Doesn't make sense for my doll to have new clothes while I'm stuck in shabby ones right! I demand some new clothes too!

8. Adidas Shoes (budget: $200)

Because my current one is so worn out that even the garang guni man will turn his snobbish nose at it.

9. 50mm 1.8 Nikkor lens ($200)

Who can resist the 50mm lens? Not me. Besides, it will be a great lens to capture my baby cousin with.... and then extort my uncle for my photographic services rendered. LOL!

10. More Camera Lens! (approx $2500?)

I'm also aiming for macro and a 200mm/300mm lens for my nature photography. Oh heck, gimme a 35mm lens too!


11. New Comfy Bed for Alex (budget: $100)

Photobucket Sweet dreams indeed!

I'm a dog bed freak. And its time Alex should have a new softer bed to cushion his old limbs. Besides, he's such a spoilt little wussy.

Ok this list can go on forever so let's just leave it at this awkwardly nice number for now because I needa poop.

Watch this space!

0 spanks on my perky butt.: