
...seeing actual horses. Up close and personal.
This lovely fellow was rather sweet as Damien and I approached to pat him. He stood steady and calm while my jittery hand approached him cautiously for a pat. He was HUGE can! I think his entire face is the length of my entire hand and when he neighed and showed his teeth, I almost peed in my shorts. Damien remarked he had never seen me this scared around animals before. >.<
Considering this is not the first time I've patted a horse but my reaction towards them still remained the same, I think it's pretty confirmed that I am terrified of them. Me, who is not scared of a meat eating rottweiler but is spooked by a herbivorous horse. Go figure. -.-"
But being afraid doesn't mean I don't appreciate their strength and beauty. I do, but from a safe distance (thank god for 18x zoom!). It makes me wonder why horses, like dogs, are such magnificent animals yet they want to depend on humans for their food and shelter. If only they realised how much strength they really have, I think no human will ever be able to saddle and ride them again.

I wasn't the only one in awe of horses. This particular duo wanted a picture too, that they brought a MIRROR, set it up, and posed in front of it for a shot. Weird. Maybe some horse experts here can tell me why?
Damien was pretty much captivated by them too. It was the first time he'd seen them upclose and he exclaimed that he didn't realise they were THAT big.
And then we chanced upon the perfect horse who had obviously overheard our conversation and was pretty anxious to display how big he really was.

That's not his full length by the way. By the time I got my camera out and adjusted the settings, Mr Hum Sup horse had retracted a good deal of his horsehood. I guess he's actually pretty shy.
Horses, like dogs, have their own breeds too. A pity I know none of them and at the risk of sounding like people who are clueless about dogs ("my dog is that one leh... the white white long hair one.").............

"This horse looks very unique wor. Actually, the more I look at her, the more she reminds me of a cow." A VERY pretty cow.

Further down the stables, this babelicious mare looked like she had cried.
We asked her what was wrong, and she sullenly showed us what her owner did to her.

Braiding a horse's mane. And I thought only Shihtzus are victims.
We tried to cheer her up and assured her that her braids looked really beautiful...
Until we heard a snort and realised what had caused the pretty dame to tear...

Her neighbour was laughing at her lah!



0 spanks on my perky butt.:
Post a Comment