You'd be surprised that something barely 7cm can cause two teenage girls to scream the house down.

And I'm not even talking about cockroaches. That will leave ALL females in the house screaming in terror.

I'm talking about a little bird who flew into our house last night and caused a rather hilarious commotion.

---BOOM!---
My sisters shut their room door in a hurry.

Me (annoyed at being disturbed while watching my animes) : What are you doing?!
Joanne (freaking excited): There's a bird in my room!
Me: (prepares to shriek and run) Are you sure its not a flying cockroach?
Joanne: No, no it's a bird!!!
Mel: (gleefully because I love birds) OMG, let it fly out lah!
Jeanette: (glares at Joanne) SHE CLOSED THE WINDOWS!

So we had a fluttering bird, trapped in my sister's room and a predator dog licking his lips just outside.

Tricky, very tricky.

My dad came along and together, we entered the room. With somewhat different agendas.

---Scouts around for intruder bird---
Me: I wonder what bird it is.
Dad: I wonder how expensive the bird is.


We found the little bugger trapped in a corner of the room, terrified and probably having a motherfucking headache considering it kept flying INTO the closed window.

My dad took out his torch light and studied the little bugger for a while.

Dad: It's a cheap bird. Bah. (exits out of the room)

And I thought the agenda was to SAVE the bird. >.<"

Anyway, the bugger was too quick and small to catch and after a few deafening minutes of shouts and screams from my sisters whenever the bird flew past (its just a bird >.<") We opened the windows for it to fly out itself. Except we didn't really get to see if it did, because it went into hiding amongst Joanne's countless plushies. A rather good nesting place actually. Or grave. (smirks at Joanne)

Apparently this bird was hopping around our 财神位 before kamikaze-ing into my sisters' room so perhaps this was a lucky sign? My mum, who was amazingly CLUELESS about the whole saga despite the screams, only got interested in the birdie when she knew about this.

Mum: (excitedly) Oooh!! 财神 bird!!! Where is it?!

>.<" There's the Adams family. And there is the Wong family. >.<"

Anyway, couldn't find the bird (or its body) this morning as I ransacked Jo's plushies. Hopefully, the little one managed to get out unharmed. There weren't traces of feathers in Alex's mouth either, so yeah. There is still hope. ^.^

As for the luck, believe it or not, I had a stroke of good luck or two when I went on my usual bird hunt with Alex.

Photobucket
I found my favourite reptile, the Malayan Monitor Lizard. It's still a very young baby though and typical of its species, is damn shy and quick on its feet. Lucky me managed to get a shot before it scampered back into the swamp. They are such beautiful creatures.

Photobucket
This bugger was extremely wary of Alex and me. I had to give Alex the sit-stay command to make sure he don't scare off the bugger, while I crept up to it for a quick snap.

I couldn't really identify the species of this bird, since it wasn't the best shot of the century but with Daphne's help on the Internet, and using my past photos as reference, we think its called the Little Heron. Pretty name.

Photobucket
I think they have very beautiful markings but their colours are not exactly outstanding so it's easy to miss them.

As we walked on, I was lured by the ear-splitting call of another bird. It's a call you all are probably familiar with. It's a high pitched call, and it goes higher and higher until the bird decides to stop. The bird today however went slightly off-key during its call, so its quite funny. I had to control myself from bursting out loud while staking its hideout.

And I got it. Damien's favourite bird!

Photobucket
I'm not sure what's its official name but I found "Red eyed black bird" on the Internet which is quite duuuuuh. I decided to give it a more unduh name to honour it since my boyfriend loves to mimic its calls.

It basically means Kao Pei Kao Bu.

Eagles are pretty common here too and while many people often spot the White Bellied Fish eagle, I finally finally got .....

Photobucket
The Brahminy Kite!

Not a fab shot I admit, but I was just dying to show you guys this. I easily recognised the White Bellied Fish Eagle but the first time I caught a glimpse of the Brahminy Kite, I was like... "Is that a fucking American Bald Eagle?" It definately looked like, through my viewfinder, since you cannot see it clearly through human eyes due to its flight altitude. I did some research and managed to roughly capture this big guy today and tada it's also called the Singapore Bald Eagle so I guess I wasn't too far off!

Joke of the day:

I excitedly showed my dad the eagle shot when I came back because I've been waiting for it for weeks since my first encounter.

Me: Dad, come see the eagle photo! It's called the Singapore Bald Eagle!

Dad: (gives a grunt) No it's not.

Mel: (surprised because dad loves birds as much as me) Huh, it says so on my research.

Dad: Singaporeans don't call it the Bald Eagle. They call it the Botak Eagle.


>.<"



This has gotta be one of my most satisfying bird hunt!

Let's hope the luck lasts longer for the weekend's 4D!

0 spanks on my perky butt.: