Nature yielded some riches for me today.

Photobucket
The extremely shy Waterhen. Me <3

I tried to creep up on them for good shots, but they will have none of my nonsense. A pity I didn't manage to catch dazzling pictures of them, but well, at least you now know how gorgeous they are.

Not only was Nature kind to me, my mutt decided that he too would like to yield riches to me...

Photobucket
...in the form of black gold.

Thank you hor, Alex!

But perhaps the black gold did have some essence of luck in it, because a few steps after, I chanced upon my fave shot of the day.

Photobucket
Photo of the day. (I love it, and I don't know why.)

This is the second time in the week I hate myself for not getting the macro lens. It's a sign, I swear.

As we walked on, we saw a family of pro photographers, consisting of a young couple and their grandparents. The young couple EACH held on to a camera loaded with the coolest lens known to mankind, extending their camera's length to about the size of my dog. And I assure you he's not a small dog. And I won't even be surprised if their camera weighed as much as him too.

It weren't cameras they were holding. These were terrorists with bazookas. Even their grandma looked rather pro-ish with her huge ass binoculars. Do you blame me then, for getting so self-conscious when we walked past them, with my fetus of a camera hanging around my neck? I could almost hear them snickering lah!

Mel (whispers): What the fuck was THAT!

Damien (jokingly): I think even the grandma's binoculars costs more than your camera. Bet it's more powerful too!

We strolled on, dogs in tow and I saw more bazookas mocking my poor baby. Mini bazookas, monsterous bazookas, they were bazookas all the same. If my camera were alive, it'd probably be squirming away.

Damien (evil glint twinkering in his eye. it always spells trouble.) : Eh, I think you should keep your little toy. It's embarassing.

T.T

Now please excuse me while I emo in a corner.

0 spanks on my perky butt.: