I went to a company dinner function with Damien on Tuesday at some sikit atas restaurant in Bukit Timah.

The location, the name of the restaurant just screams ANG MOR HANGOUT!

And I know all too well - A Chinese should not step into such a place unless accompanied by an Ang Mor or two, or you will be treated like a ghost there. It doesn't matter if you have the moolah to fucking PAY for your meal, those people will just take a look at your flat noses and ebony hair and their hands will itch to throw you out.

Luckily we got an Ang Mor couple in our midst so we weren't chased out of the diner. The Italian chef personally came up to our table to VERBALLY tell us the Today's Special. Interesting right? It was the first time I hear a staff rattling off food like a menu. You can tell from the way they describe, these people really take pride in their food. Try asking some random staff to describe a random food item on the menu at any other restaurant, they'll probably go like...

"Er.. sorry I not sure."

Or

"I'll go to the kitchen to check and get back to you again."

But this Italiano sexpot chef knows his stuff inside out, right down to the sauce used, the country of which the meat is from and how big the portion is.

He made it sound so delicious and his cute butt made it even tastier. Excellento.

In the end, the Ang Mor did something I had never tried before in any restaurant. He let the Italian Chef decide for us. And the chef was only too happy to do that.

And he did a great job somemore lor!

A little bit of everything, not too much, not too little. A wonderful selection to delight your tastebuds but not enough to overwhelm it.

It's a great pity I couldn't take pictures of anything, (its a company function mah!) so I'll try to describe the food and experience as best as I can ok?

Here goes:-

The starters:

The cheese tastes really good.

The beef is thinly sliced and tastes really good.

The main course:

The pasta with minced beef tastes delicious but kinda reminds me of hor fan.

The dessert:
The chantilily sponge cake is so pretty! It's sponge was really light but it got a bit overwhelming after a while. But still a great cake.

I officially cannot write food reviews. LOL.

Oh, and Ang Mors can really drink can! One simple dinner and 2 white wine and 1 huge red wine bottles were opened and passed around.

How to drive home like that?!

Oh, and I got a little souvenir:-

Photobucket
From the White Wines!

Another of Damien's colleague was actually holding on to another nicer one. I think he took it from the red wine bottle. I was eyeing at it for half the night, and I know that if I could ask for it nicely, he probably would have given it to me. (I'm the youngest there mah! and usually a grown man won't fight over this little thing with a young lady... at a COMPANY function somemore.)

But I didn't ask lah. A bit awkward right?

Imagine:

"Er excuse me sir, do you mind giving me your cork?"

0 spanks on my perky butt.: