I got bitten by the fan fiction bug so if its not really your dig, you might be happier skipping this. If the fan fiction virus enters my bloodstream permanently, I might set up a seperate blog for it to spare you the agony but until then, please bear with me.
There will be certain terms non Bleach fans would probably not understand, but I'm not going to go through the teeny weeny details.
Enjoy. As much as you can anyway.
Genre: Anime
Original Title: Bleach (with sprinklings of Naruto)
Mel's Title: Dettol
Ratings: G
The sun grinned cheekily behind the clouds as my fleeting shadow lightly kissed the grounds. I was late... very late in fact, and if it wasn't for my shining ability in shunpo, I could have jolly well skipped school today. Come to think of it, it wasn't that bad an idea to laze in bed til the
"Damien san!" I called out, hardly able to contain the burst of excitement ballooning up within me.
"Overslept again huh?" he grinned cheekily as we made our way to class together. "You'll never guess what happened."
That was more than enough stroking of my curiosity and Damien knew it. But his lopsided grin told me he wasn't about to quit dangling the carrot in front of my face anytime soon and I wasn't about to fall into his trap. Not so easily anyway.
"So what did I miss?" I enquired as coolly as I could, praying that my bursting curiosity did not creep into my voice somehow. But Damien wasn't fooled. We had been best friends in the Academy since we were genins after all and if there was anyone who knew me better than my mum, it was this red head.
"You'll see," he gave a cheeky wink as we entered the lecture hall and took our seats.
"Qi!" a cheerful voice greeted me followed by a painful shove on my back as the offender plopped gracefully in the seat beside me. It was Yoruichi, the intelligent dark-skinned beauty who was one of those sickening students who could skip endless semesters and yet still emerge as the crème de la crop. No matter how hard I trained and tried, I could never beat her in shunpo. Perhaps it was the Curry of Life she had consumed all these years which had given her such speed, so much so that she was knowned as the Goddess of Flash in the Academy. You see, Yoruichi was part Indian - Yoruichi D/O Subramaniam- but keep that to yourself. She wasn’t too hot about people knowing that. I only found that out by mistake (and not without painful consequences) when I caught her dancing around a coconut tree with Uncle Urahara, but we'll save that for another time.
"Can you believe it?" Yoruichi continued as her cat-like eyes carefully scanned the student crowd.
"Tell me!!!" was my exasperated plea.
Yoruichi shot Damien a glance and grinned knowingly. "You'll see."
I swear, much as I loved my friends, I itched to strike them with my Zanpaktou at times like this.
-End-
***************************************************************
Chapter 2 (Starring Yoruichi, Kuchiki Byakuya, Ukitake Jyuushiro)
Through the eyes of: Qi
There was much hushing as the sensei strolled into the lecture hall. It was the standard act of all students, a silent assessment of any new sensei before pushing the chaos order slowly but surely, exploring the limits of the sensei's tolerance.
This particular sensei however, seemed kind enough. Part of his silver tresses fell over his eyes but it did not hide the kindly wisdom which shone through brightly. There was something else which was reflected in his gaze as well, something I could not put an exact finger on. A slight glint of weariness perhaps? Regardless, a good natured sensei always spelled bright days ahead and judging from the slight chattering arising from the back, I knew my judgment of this sensei was equally shared by many.
"Settle down, please," smiled the sensei gently as his warm gaze swept through the lecture hall taking in each of his students. His request was granted immediately and many students even returned his beam. "I am Ukitake Jyuushiro, captain of the Seireitei 13 Squads and it is my honour to teach you the art of kidou..."
The door swung open at that instance and a tall figure entered coolly. I gasped as the student bowed politely to Ukitake sensei before taking his seat in three easy strides. If there was one student who could gate crash in style, it was him - Kuchiki Byakuya, an aristocrat from one of the four noble families of the city. But that wasn't the cause of my surprise.
"What's up with his hair?" I whispered delicately to Damien, careful not to let the wind carry my words to the sharp ears of Byakuya.
"Hair treatment gone wrong I guess," Damien muttered back, as the sides of his mouth quivered ever so slightly.
I could understand how he felt. It was taking all my strength to contain the bubble of laughter that was threatening to burst within me as well. Byakuya turned his head slightly to our direction and his cold stare silenced us on the spot. Only Yoruichi seemed unaffected.
"Cute hairdo ain’t it?" she mused, loud enough to draw subtle sniggerings from the back. "Ceramic perm sure looks good on you, little Kuchiki!"
"If the effort was worth it, I would have killed you now and then, Yoruichi…" said Byakuya softly. His words sliced through the room, like he had unleashed his Senbonzakura upon us all.
"Oh?" a relaxed Yoruichi countered. "I would love to see you do just that, curly wurly Kuchiki."
A silent tension pulsated through the room, as the two exchanged glares, one with a bemused glint dancing in her eyes, while the other hard and cold. My heart drummed madly and I gasped as Kuchiki Byakuya’s hand smoothly glided to his Zanpaktou. He couldn’t be serious… could he?
********************************************
“Nii-sama, please calm down!” a girl pleaded carefully placed herself in between Byakuya and Yoruichi. Her voice was polite and firm but the subtle shakes of her hands betrayed her. This girl was terrified.
A coughing fit erupted from the front of the lecture hall, momentarily disrupting the suffocating tension. The hacking coughs attacked Ukitake sensei without mercy, instantly zapping his energy to stand.
“Sensei!” Hitsugaya Toushiro shunpoed himself to the front, supporting the adult man onto his small childlike frame. “Byakuya! Yoruichi! This isn’t the time for your nonsense! Somebody go get the medics!”
A couple of students scrambled to the exit while others stood rooted to their chairs, a bewildered cocktail of astonishment and fear written on their faces. It sure was a hair raising first day.
I watched as Qi urged Yoruichi to back off from Byakuya, conscious of my Zanpaktou’s touch in my palm. Yoruichi was a fearsome opponent but Byakuya was no pushover either. I sure as hell wasn’t about to take any chances of allowing this fight to ensnare.
Thankfully, Byakuya gave an almost inaudible snort before turning his heels to head for the exit in one fluid movement. This guy sure had the grace of a ballerina. It was definitely the Academy’s dance club’s great loss that he didn’t seem the least interested in it.
The hall front was soon a sea of white, as the medic squad promptly took over the now limb body of Ukitake sensei from Toushiro, placing him delicately on a stretcher while a medic ninja trainee treated him with her chakra to soothe his violent hackings.
“Dismissed,” a medic journin addressed the class. “You’re free for now, until your next class.”
*****************
“I hope sensei’s ok,” sighed Qi, poking at her unfinished pasta. “I wonder what came over him all of a sudden.”
“Yoruichi sure knew how to push that idiot’s buttons,” laughed Kurosaki Ichigo. “What the hell was Byakuya thinking, doing those lame ass girly ceramic perming thingy!”
“You sure as hell know how to talk, Ichigo!” mocked Abarai Renji. “Have you taken a look at your new gay hair colour lately? Were you trying to cosplay Teletubbies or something?”
That did it.
I closed my eyes and tried to ignore the stares thrown at us from all angles of the cafeteria as Ichigo roared at Renji.
“Monkey boy, you fancy a beating huh?”
“Bring it on brinjal head! Come show Daddy what you’ve got!”
It was hard to eat a good meal in peace. Not with friends like them. I looked at Qi who seemed preoccupied with something distant and followed her gaze.
“We’ve got new classmates,” she commented, as Kuchiki Byakuya walked past the cafeteria, together with the dark haired girl who had intercepted the fight. Well, sort of. "Is she the latest member of the Ku Ku family?”
“She’s kinda cute ain’t she?” said Renji as his eyes followed the Kuchiki family. The new girl was far more interesting than minute squabbles with Ichigo. For now anyway. “Heard the Kuchiki clan adopted her as Byakuya’s sister. Fishy business don’t you think?”
But we never got the chance to answer because at that instance, someone in the distance let out a bloodcurdling scream.
***************************************************
The reiatsu was so overwhelming that I had difficulty breathing.
"Is it a Hollow?" I asked with a twang of fear, as the group ran towards the soccer field where the spilling reitsu felt the strongest.
The soccer field was almost deserted when we finally reached.
"Naruto!" Ichigo cried out, as he spied his younger brother sprawled face down on the field. "What the hell happened?"
"Ouch ouch ouch!" the little boy winced as Ichigo got him onto his feet, a nasty bruise on his cheek. "Alamak, that girl sure is tough!"
A lone female figure sat almost hidden in the shadows of the benches. There was no mistake. This incredible reitsu was definitely flowing from her. Who was she? I was sure I had never seen her in school before.
"Hey you!" Ichigo pointed his Zanpaktou at her. "What in the friggin’ world do you think you're doing?"
The girl fixed her steely stare at Ichigo, keeping silent while she arose from her seat. Her reitsu level made no attempts of retreating, making it a clear signal that she was ready for a fight. I fingered my Zanpaktou instinctively, alert for any signs of attack. My Zanpaktou's true ability was in defence and I was ready to unleash its power to protect my friends if necessary. Judging from her reitsu though, there seemed little chance for any of us to win against such power, despite our hands down advantage in numbers.
A slight movement caught the corner of my eyes. Damien and Renji were readying their Zanpaktous as well.
"Did Naruto do something to anger you so?" I asked, trying to deal with the situation as rationally as my racing mind allowed. It was like talking to a corpse. The girl merely glared coolly back at us, her hands now creeping to her Zanpaktou by her side. I had no time to waste. "Naruto!" I cried. "Tell us what happened!"
"I .... I..." stammered the young boy, a sheepish look clouding on his face. "Its not really her fault lah. I almost hit her with my soccer ball...."
He was cut off when Ichigo swung his Zanpaktou to hit him on his butt. Hard.
"Baka! And here I was acting all hero to a brother who's a fool!"
"Hey it was an accident!" yelled Naruto as he tried evading his brother's spanks, failing miserably in the process. The two siblings squabbled on while I returned my gaze to the girl. Her oppressing reitsu was still hanging heavily in the air. "I think this is a misunderstanding somewhat," I apologised, feeling a slight heat across my cheeks.
"Still that doesn't explain your actions!" frowned Renji, his Zanpaktou still posed in front of him. “He’s just a kid. The hell you need to raise your reiatsu to hurt a child!”
My instincts were tingling as I watched her muscles tense and her defiant stare go cold. And before I could even blink my dainty lashes, the sun flashed into my eyes for an instant as a Zanpaktou aimed straight for us!
****************************************************************












0 spanks on my perky butt.:
Post a Comment