Apologies to my loyal fans, as Your Highness had been fucking busy tying up loose ends at work before she kicks asses and says adios forever. It sure feels weird to have the new girl sitting at my desk, using my computer, and going through my files. But thinking of how she has to clear my shit, I guess some stuff are worth sacrificing.
Though I hate to admit it, I'm kinda nostalgic already. Its really hard when you have to leave a good team behind. One whom you have slogged with in the darkest of days, shared laughters on sunny days, and bitched together on stormy days.
Dear all, I will fucking miss all of you. -salutes-

If Fate ever allows it, I would love to be with you guys again.
And since I'm having nostalgic spasms right now, this post shall be about work. I'll try not to bore you. And the keyword here is try.
What's your most memorable experience working in this company?
Ever tried working 31 days in a full calendar month? This team has. And you think your work sucks?
What's your most memorable encounter with customers?
I'd nominate 90% of the people I deal with for the "Singapore's Most Fucked Up Persons" Award, with the Manager probably clinching the prize of course. I have my share of good/bad fuckers with the worst being that Brainless Asshole who wanted to book a room for his baby's first month birthday without being able to give me any date and time. For his baby's and our future generation's sake, I pray the child's teeny brain doesn't take after him.
There were good experiences of course, particularly with a Chinese customer who could not get enough of my splattering Mandarin. How the hell do you say "seminar" in Mandarin anyway? But he was nice and unlike my horrible Mandarin teachers in the past, he encouraged me gently to speak more. No matter how badly I know I sounded. For one fantasy moment, it almost felt like I was billingual. Almost.
What's the worst phone call you've ever receieved?
They are all equally irritating. There's one caller in particular who wanted to lodge a complaint (as usual) because she found a lifeguard too fat to be trusted for the job. Oh baby, have you seen your sagging meat in the swimsuit? On top of that, you don't have a professional cert so shut up before gravity pulls your boobies even lower.
Any happy days so far?
My happiest days were probably at the old site before the move, where everything was peaceful and work was easily managable. It was bliss and it ended all too soon. Other than this, any day where the full team is in action is a happy day (note picture above). -sighs-
Is there anything you wished you could have done before you left?
Sack the Manager.
Is there anything you wished you didn't do when you left?
Complete my work. Would love to see the newbie kio more sai. =)
Do you see any improvement in yourself after what you've been through?
I would love to say my temper has simmered but that would be a big fat lie. I would love to say I can do up accounts accurately but that's absolutely bohong too. Dare I say I am a bit, just a wee little tiny bit, more organised than before? Hey, an atomic improvement is also an improvement!
Five years on, what will you remember most about your stint here?
I will never forget that I have great colleagues who shared the fun, pain, complaints and laughter together. Guys, I miss you all!
What's one of the life lessons you have learnt so far from your work here?
Unmarried female bosses in their 30s-40s are an absolute pain to work with. Especially one who doesn't know her shit.



0 spanks on my perky butt.:
Post a Comment