I am still in a flurry state of bewilderment, shock, astonishment, surprise blah blah blah (you get the picture.)

My dad woke me up today at 730am, not for work, but to catch a dog wandering abt outside our home.

I thought I was dreaming.

My dad? Catch a dog? This was the man who had told me endless times never never to get myself involved in rescue work. This was the man who told me that we should not be picking up other people's rubbish. This was the man who told me that there will be no end to helping the dogs. Its society's problem. Not yours alone to partake.

Yes we may share the same roof but our stands are at total opposites when it comes to this. How could anyone turn a blind eye to a dog in need? We cannot help all but we can help change so much for some. Its gotta be worth it.

And so, try the best you can to imagine my bewilderment when he woke me up to help save the lost dog. Geez, i thought i would be the one doing that, begging him to let me keep the dog for a few days while i find the owner. I cannot believe this sudden role reversal, even when he assured me for the umpteenth time to "keep him in the balcony til we find his owner."

And so all of a sudden, i got 2 dogs running amok in the house. And before I can get over my bewilderment, a second surprise hit. We're talking about a male dog here, versus my dominant Alex in the house. I was expecting a fight when he entered but surprise surprise, they seem to get along just fine. Not only that, they shared the same water bowl! My Alex shared his water with another male! Can you bloody believe this?

Ok, for the dumb and clueless, some dogs are very defensive about certain things. Some dogs are defensive about their fave toys while others, like my dog, gets all uptight when it comes to sharing food and water. So far, Alex has shared water with only:
- His girlfriend, Kiki. She's a sweetie pie so he doesn't mind.
- A kitten I rescued in the past. He's scared of cats so he ain't gonna pick a fight with a kitten while she laps up his Holy Water. Never mind the fact that Alex is more than triple her size.
- Some pretty females. Males of all species are the same, as we can tell.

And lo and behold, we have a male intruder in the house, drinking from Alex's bowl and my baby seems pretty happy to share. Not only that, despite the size difference, both of them can play very well with each other indeed. There's only so much surprises a girl can take in a single day, in a single half-hour.

Feels funny to have a second dog in the house, especially one so noisy and hyper. Oh, I gave him a name too. Was contemplating between Lunar-Maria and Kiyern, and decided on the latter after disapproving frowns from Gen, Jill and Joe when they heard the former. What a pity. I really like Lunar-Maria. Sounds so... Gundamy. Darn the dog's balls!

Much as I hope I can find his owner soon or find him a good owner in due course, I know deep down I'm gonna miss him if he goes. He is so sweet and so adorable, just as he is noisy and untrained. He is starting to melt my mum's heart too, though I dare not say the same for poor Joanne who is stressed thin by looking after both dogs at home today. Thanks Jo! We really appreciate it!

Lets hope tmr will be a better day before Joanne kicks out Kiyern herself.

Amen.

0 spanks on my perky butt.: