In case you're wondering, nope you didn't come into a wrong website. That is, if you know me, Mel.

My Bloggy is newly adorned! ^.^

Cham si tong with this skin first until I got enough inspiration to come up with a nicer one. Not feeling very creative these days. Don't play play hor, saya ownself make and code one ok (this is your cue to go "Wow! so smart girl!"). Established webmasters may be smirking away, but knn, give people chance lah! Regardless, I welcome constructive comments, both good (if have!) or bad so I can improve. In other words, don't just tell me it sux. Must also let me know WHY it sux and suggestions on how to make it un-sux. Otherwise, it just reflects that you don't know much shit about the elements of web design either so you should stop sia swaying yourself and be a learner like me.

Personally, I find the pictures a bit too distracting. I actually had a clean cut design in mind, but dunno why ended up with this. Guess too clean cut also not my style. Drats. -.-

Anyway, it has been quite a fun day with the exception of one thing.

I..........................

Bought......................

A...........................

New........................

Cig...........................

Pack.......................

Ta ma de. My almost 6 days of cold turkey gone to waste like that. But but but.......... I was in a chalet mah! Chalet, BBQ and cigs make a good match leh! Also, I need an excuse to get away from the crowd. I'm not a mingle-with-the crowd person cos I shy mah! Plus, I was quite bored. (Can you believe we didn't gamble! *grumbles*) On top of that, the weather was cooking me and I needed something to cheer myself up. Last but not least, those ultra greasy BBQ food will need some extra metabolism boost else I will become fat fat. AND I DIDN'T SMOKE FOR FARKING 5 AND A HALF DAYS!

Given all the above reasons, I'm almost justified to puff hor? (This is your cue to say, "YES!")

Anyway, for the first time today, yours truly picked up the thongs (*heh) to BBQ ! Yup, I decided to be a dutiful girlfriend (and since not many people were around at that time), I tried to BBQ chicken wings and sausages for Damien who had gone into relac-one-corner mode.


And this is the result:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

So for the sake of everyone, I decided to hand over the thongs to Peter and his sons to do a much better job.

Not long after, Tongzhi, Michelle, Mark, Aijie and Shaw came along. And after they had their fill of greasy BBQ food, they decided to play the Ping-Pom-Piang aka Bang Bang game and that's when the fun (finally) began. Much of the laughter was actually at Tongzhi though cos she haven't heard of that game before and even after a few rounds of rehersal, her reaction still a bit Pentium 2. She had an array of foods to choose from as forfeit and boy, she sure ate helluva lot as punishment! *sniggers*

Actually then, I was wondering if Tongzhi really enjoyed herself. Her usual clique are the more "high class" people and I doubt they played silly games like Ping-Pom-Piang. Not a very "classy" game to play among the high and mighty I guess?

Sadly, Peter had to leave early with his two young boys so the game gradually ceased. Part of the fun came from his kids cos they are damn hilarious and sporting! Well-brought up kids can be such a joy to be with and his kids are the perfect example. So young, so pure, so innocent, so guai. And I swear I saw a glimpse of paternal instinct surfacing in Damien when the kids went out with us for a night stroll in the park! ^.^

Kidless and Peterless, the rest of us just sat around talking and bitching. Then somehow, those qian bian wen da ti came along. I think everyone was enjoying it with the exception of our atas girl, Tongzhi. She was quite astounded that we could actually laugh our guts out at the lameness of such jokes. She just couldn't see the humour in them and probably felt pretty out of place. Afterall, she said in her own words, "Sorry lor, I only hang out with older people. And they don't talk about lame jokes like that. They talk about social issues." Then she shot us the Question Of The Year, "What's the future state of the US currency going to be like?"

Of course, simple minded youngsters like us just looked at her dumbfounded and relatively blur.... (When was the last time you thought about the state of the US currency anyway?)..... and continued with our "mindless" and "lame" qian bian questions. Someone should inform Tongzhi there's a very good reason why they are called QIAN BIAN wen da ti.

As I expected, this crowd (Michelle, Mark, Shaw, etc) weren't her kind of people. She even had to roll her eyes and correct them when Shaw and Michelle pronounced Burberry incorrectly. Michelle, being the guai lan joker that she is, shot lots of hidden sarcasm at the poor girl, but i wasn't sure if Tongzhi caught the hints.

Joan and I knew that ever since Tongzhi started hanging out with those high and mighty bunch, she will no longger be the same simple girl we know. But still, it was quite a turn off to observe her snobbish attitude tonight. Bo bian lor, who ask us not cheem enough to think about the state of the US currency or smart enough to answer her cheem IQ question? (Quick thinking Mark got the answer though, but I doubt it changed Tongzhi's perception that we're still a lame bunch of people who love telling lame jokes.) Definately not people she would enjoy associating with on a regular basis. So embarassing leh!

Later at home, I recieved a call from Tongzhi which kinda confirmed my suspicion for the night.
Apparently she didn't enjoy herself much. "No thanks to Mark's crude jokes. Also after those qian bian wen da ti, I think you all so shallow!" she grumbled.

I feel shallowed.

Well guess she's better off hanging out with her equally atas friends then. They are the ones who are oh-so-knowledgable, oh-so-rich, and definately won't mispronounce Burberry, having shopped at their boutiques for so many times while the only Burberry stuff "shallow" people own are probably from Korea or Shenzhen.

Tsk tsk.

















































0 spanks on my perky butt.: